Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 09-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God
Default Agents of SHIELD

About ten minutes into the pilot episode on HULU (I seldom catch anything first air). I've avoided the world of comic books for about 30 years apart from a few decent films, so I have no pre-conceived notion of what's "right" or "canon" or what these characters MUST be. I have chosen to like this on it's own merits so far. Don't like? Bite me.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD

I was a big Marvel-phile for years, specifically the various X-Titles. However, just about anything S.H..IE.L.D. or Nick Fury related got grabbed, as well.

That being said, I watched it and loved it! It's not about Fury, the Helicarrier or the major missions. It's about the "side jobs". I'm looking at AoS as a sort of "Lower Decks" story, wherein what happens here may not be big and flashy, but it's just as important as The Battle of New York where the things that are uncovered in these stories can make the difference between a win or a loss in a major battle.

Plus, I like Agent Colson.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Any thoughts on Coulson's resurrection? My money is on him being an LMD.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:14 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Saw it last night and loved it.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Kolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to behold

It's off to a really good start. I even got my wife hooked, so this should be a great season!

Old 09-27-2013, 10:15 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
Any thoughts on Coulson's resurrection? My money is on him being an LMD.
Almost certainly - I caught the exchange between Ron Glass's character and
ummm...one of the other characters. "Tahiti...he doesn't know." " He can never know..."
Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

LMD is definitely the way to go here. Makes perfect sense. Teh wife and I both thought it was great. Tons of potential here for backdrop stories and introducing some 3rd tier heroes that would have no chance for screen time otherwise.

I think Agen Hill looks HOT in this.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:20 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Agent Hill looks hot in ANYTHING.

Is it me. or is Ming Na an immortal? She doesn't age! She looks as luscious now, as she did many moons ago.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

"Cancel the fish tank."

LMAO!

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Den Mother

Mark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond repute

"It even had a BAR and it's a NICE BAR"

This is great so far...
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Trapped in Club Vandersexxx

Godfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of All

Been a long while since I read any comic books, but I don't remember LMD's bleeding.

Liking the show so far. Hope they can keep it fresh.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

They bleed. In one of the 90's issues of IronMan, Stark had one that was beat up and even shot. It wasn't until someone looked closely at the gunshot wound that they realized it wasn't a real person. There was one running around of Fury at one point that was also beat up pretty badly, blood from a handful of wounds to it's face - nose or mouth and a couple of cuts.

Its advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you dont know!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of

I am willing to bet that Coulson's resurrection will tie into the storyline for The Avengers 2 Age of Ultron. Think The Vision
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM

wizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nicewizardofthenorth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Aviator View Post
I am willing to bet that Coulson's resurrection will tie into the storyline for The Avengers 2 Age of Ultron. Think The Vision
I was thinking he was just a clone..but the above would be pretty cool.

What i would like to see though for the current show, is some tie-ins to the marvel universe of some sort. Let's see some 3rd tier superheroes or villains.

Some interaction with Stark enterprises for example (doesnt have to be Tony)...just drop some names or locations even. I know we have had a bit of hydra and a cameo of Fury.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofthenorth View Post
I was thinking he was just a clone..but the above would be pretty cool.

What i would like to see though for the current show, is some tie-ins to the marvel universe of some sort. Let's see some 3rd tier superheroes or villains.

Some interaction with Stark enterprises for example (doesnt have to be Tony)...just drop some names or locations even. I know we have had a bit of hydra and a cameo of Fury.
Did you see episode 3 yet?