Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default P 47

48th scale P 47 D, from the 8th airforces air sea rescue squadron, bulged out special canopy for searching the sea, carried flare drops and pods for dropping dingies and supplies to ditched aircrews at sea. joint RAF and US Army aircore missions, this plane was a dedicated SAR bird. I didnt have the yellow letter decals for the "WW" that is supposed to be under the yellow band on the vertical stab, the "WW" stood for "war weary", as the P 47s issued to the SAR squadron were high hour airframes no longer good for combat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1474.JPG (546.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1475.JPG (547.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1476.JPG (540.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1477.JPG (535.7 KB, 14 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: P 47

Very nicely detailed work as per usual moorcat. Like the info too!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Always liked the "WW" birds, often used as 'airfield hacks' and such. I hadn't even heard of a P47 in this role though?

See, that's why I'm always eager for your next posting- I either see a kit for the first time, or at least a color scheme- and usually learn something in the process!

You're a "public service", that's what you are!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

I worked on this plane right from the original '40s COLOUR photos in a book called Bomber Command, and filled in the details with a bit of research.

heh, youre patronage to my work inspires me to rise to the challange to find examples of the rare and odd. thx DD
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
I worked on this plane right from the original '40s COLOUR photos in a book called Bomber Command, and filled in the details with a bit of research.

heh, youre patronage to my work inspires me to rise to the challange to find examples of the rare and odd. thx DD

Dude,
I am a fan of the odd and obscure which you present- BUT, something tells me you'd be doing all of this with or without me egging you on?

Keep it up buddy!
"Your number one fan!"

BTW: You saying the reference book was English perhaps? Silly brits always have to add a non needed vowel to COLOR?

LOL