Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Celtic Predator Helmet Finished 9-16-08

Hey Guys,

I'm building this piece right now and thought I would share some progress. I received this in a trade and it only took three years to get and when it arrived it was total crap.

So I decided to donate the money from the sale to a good cause.

I've really tried to do something original even though the design is used in AVP.

I'll post the finished pics.

Here is how it came to me:

More to come!

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newcelt2.jpg (53.2 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Paul; 09-16-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Battle Damaged!

The helmet lip was uneven and very brittle so I started by building up the inner lip of the helmet and this will help seal the oozing resin. Also the putty used to fill some holes wasn't mixed properly so it just fell out.

I decided to dremel out all of the detail that was obliterated by age of the mold and booger.

I'll machine custom aluminum and brass parts for these areas.

Keep an eye on this thread to see how this progresses.

Paul

Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Falconer

Well since time is of the essence, I wanted to bust this one out. After realizing you can't polish a turd, you can at least cover it up! LOL

I decided to make this one a well worn totally battle damaged version. Maybe a lid that a pred has constantly kept up and refuses to get a new one and I plan on painting it the same way.

Lot's of nurneys and a total asymmetrical look. The left lense will also be damaged and repaired from the gash in the top of the helmet.

Should be a neat look when finished. I'm going to try and paint and finish this one tomorrow and will post the final look.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

More to come.

Paul
Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

THIS is just pure creative AWESOMENESS!

Fantastic work on this Paul!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Falconer

Thanks Kurt,

I'm painting it up today.

More to come,

Paul
Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 AM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good!

So what's the story with the base helmet, is it a fan sculpt by Steve or from some production mould?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Falconer

It's an original Steve Hird casting, but woof, it was a choad.

Fan sculpt, but pretty nice if you can get one of the earlier pieces.

Paul
Old 09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Falconer

Default Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Painted 9-16-08

Well I got the helmet base coated and used about six layers of paint using mostly bronze and green for the under colors.

I used bumper chrome on the final surface coat and blended all the paint together.

Next came the tasty layers of burnt umber, flat black and forest green with a little clear green for details.

Next I added some green details and silver scrapes and rubs.

This is about the final coloring and I think it looks really alien and worn, almost like an aged piece of metal.

I'll post more after it's cleared and I get the lenses in...........

Thanks for looking,

Paul
Old 09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Falconer

Default Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Painted 9-16-08

Well I got this one finished up and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

I used a crinkle paint to get another level of detail and then lightly cleared the whole thing.

It softens the paint and it really looks like a fish.

I installed grid and solid lenses and the one with teh cash is torn through and a prismatic material is showing through.

This is a straight up wall hanger, but should get a lot of looks.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Finished 9-16-08

Love it!

Is that some green predator blood and flesh showing through the hole in the eye or the prismatic material you were refering to?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Falconer

Default Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Finished 9-16-08

The outer screen was painted with transparent green Tamiya. The metal lense behind the screen is aluminum and I tore a hole through both and placed some prismatic material behind there for another layer of the lense.

It's a neat effect that may not show up well in photos.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Celtic Predator Helmet Finished 9-16-08

A pleasure to watch...!