Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of
Default Old models

Hi folks! This is my first post - I've been lurking for a while, very impressed by the models displayed on here and the skill of their creators. I haven't made any models in a long time, but still have an interest. I did start a 1/300 tamya USS Enterprise five or six years ago, getting the photo-etch kits for it and heavily modifying the island to update it, but ran out of time and put it away - 2 kids, 2 Land Rovers and a dog just take up too much time. I'll get back to it one day...

Anyway, I thought show some photos of a couple of 1/48 lancasters I made when I was 13/14, a 1/48 Hurricane (Hasegawa, if I recall) I made about 12 years ago, a 1/300 737-300 with custom paint job (my first airline employer) and a 1/72 Airfix Tucano T1, with custom painted serial numbers, station markings (the York rose for RAF Linton-on-Ouse) and some extra detailing to show the Tuc I did my first solo in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02960.JPG (683.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02961.JPG (635.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02972.JPG (376.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02973.JPG (352.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Old models

I did start the Lancs with their gear down, so they could be mounted on boards (I was going to do them as the dispersal concrete), but i was building these at boarding school and they were vandalised badly by some other kids. they broke almost everything and poured paint and glue all over the models as they were nearing completion. Tamiya kindly sent me replacement transparencies when I wrote to them to ask If I could buy new ones to salvage the models, but the gear and propellers were beyond saving, hence their in-flight form. I had to fabricate most of the gun barrels from stretched sprue. Like the later Hurricane, i avoided too much weathering (especially on the Gibson Dambuster) because, sadly, WWII aircraft generally didn't survive long enough to get heavy weathering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02969.JPG (708.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02974.JPG (583.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02975.JPG (411.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Snagger; 07-29-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 AM

And here are the other two models. The collection is not up to the standard of many of you, but I think that they're pretty reasonable. My wife also made a 1/48 Spitfire Mk9, Razorback RAF Mustang and Typhoon, which sit alongside the Hurricane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02976.JPG (420.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02977.JPG (355.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Greetings Snagger! Excellent first posts! Hope to see a couple of works in progress soon
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

I think the Lanc is beautiful, certainly compared to B17s, B25, Stirlings and other contemporary heavy bombers. They certainly have the best sound when flying past.

I find airliners boring to look at - I only made that 737to have in the study as I was excited about my first proper civil job. Making models of them is fair enough, but it's a little like making models of modern trains or buses - unless you're into them as a hobby or professionally, they don't hold the excitement that military or scifi models hold.