Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models All other types of model

Old 12-09-2012, 11:38 PM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough
Default N scale Diorama for photography...

I finished recently a small dio for use as a background for my tiny
N scale freight cars. I have these only for static display, I 'm not
interested in building a train layout. The back of the dio with the
rock etc is not glued on for easy storage.
Take care.
Kostas G.

Some photos during the construction and then the finished piece.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Base03.JPG (1.81 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by KWSTAS; 03-27-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: http://s6.postimage.org/blvbh66dp/image.jpg
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: N scale Diorama for photography...

Your freight cars are amazing Kostas!

Weathering is just perfect. I have an N-scale Loco and some rolling stock myself. Never wanted to set up anything static either---I take it out once or twice a year just to marvel at the detail for its' size, run it around the track on my kitchen table and then put it away.

Great work!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM

HauntedPen is on a distinguished road

Beautiful work all around! The layering of color and surface detail on the rock wall is gorgeous and that freight car looks like a photograph that was Photoshoped in.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful work, all the more amazing given the size of the piece. Do you have in-progress
photographs?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

N scale? Well done sire, well done.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 AM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Sorry, no in progress photos, cause when I 'm into it most of the times I keep goin' and goin' facing trial and errors. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.
Some photos from the car itself. My first rusty boxcar, but I believe I did my homework....
I intended to use it in a post-apocalyptic diorama, under the radioactive and acid rain, and dusty winds for 30+ years. Maybe later.

Before.....

A lot of rusting but something is missing.....

...and the finished car.....

Take care and thanks for your time.
Kostas - Greece.

Last edited by KWSTAS; 01-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.