Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Halcyon Dropshipw/APC done and done.

Well for those who have been following the WIP build buggering about will know the horror story behind this.

Anyways, on with the link thing:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/dropship.html

And the contractural thread pics of course

Enjoy and go easy all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic_0015.jpg (173.0 KB, 74 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 09-12-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 AM

clancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Halcyon Dropshipw/APC done and done.

Holey moley Ian!!!!
I had trouble with this kit when i bought/built it 20 years ago or so...it's really nice to see it done properly! And the lights just seal the deal!
The APC is fantastic too!
Makes me want to watch the film again, but waiting for the Blu-ray is hard.......

Rich
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Simply stunning!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Sol Lucet Omnibus

Prometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to all

Wow !!! That's awesome .... Love the lights.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Great piece of work Ian,

Clactonite
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Ian... you never cease to amaze me my friend! :notwo rthy:

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 09-14-2010, 07:32 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Not only did you do a superb job, but you built all the fiddly bits and lit the tank boot...
and the fact that you didn't break that delicate nose dart thingy..well, that's just being pretentious

Fantastically done sir
Old 11-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Scratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the rough

Nice, tightly built diorama. My compliments. Nicely lighted, and the paint looked VERY nice. This kit is a bugger to build, by all accounts. I have one in my stash, from long ago...it was one of the nicer designs from ALIENS. I'm curious...how did you do the gridwork, for the Sulaco's hangar deck? That looked amazing!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Super Sniper Ninja Commando

Ryan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud of

Man, that is a whole bag of awesome!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks for the kind comments all and my apologies for not responding.
Kinda slipped the old noodle there.
Well that and I was happy to see the back of the damn thing.

I'll say this, I do belive that satan will be wearing snowshoes before I ever grapple with one of these again. Never had so many "oh fer fuck sake..." moments on one build. Truth to tell I think any enthusiasm I had for this went out the window just after I fitted the internal bay.

But then a commission is a commission, it goes with the territory and no-one held a gun to me head to take the job.
The next person wanting one may well have to though

Scratchwan Learner, Oh it can be an absolute bloody pig to build. Well to be a bit more accurate, it's a bit of a pain to build, to make it look anything decent is a stone cold bastard that fights you all the way to the finish.
At least this one did.

As to the gridwork deck/hadleys hope landing grid, in simpleast terms it was a wood slab with much plasticard and custom photo etch I made up for it guled on and painted.

All explained in the WIP log on my site. Here's the link to the page for all the basework silliness and it starts about half way down that page:

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdropship11.html

Thanks again everyone and go easy all!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 11-13-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:34 AM

Hangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of light

As I scrolled down the images got better until WHAM! you show us the lighting...Stunning! just stunning...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Gadzooks is a jewel in the roughGadzooks is a jewel in the roughGadzooks is a jewel in the roughGadzooks is a jewel in the roughGadzooks is a jewel in the roughGadzooks is a jewel in the rough

Were In the pipe 5 bye 5!......very sweet man
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Gorgeous work, Ian
Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Fantastic! The base really sets them off.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 AM

robiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to behold

I bought one of these when they first came out. I started to build it. I then realized the parts did not fit right. Who designed this?!?!?! Well needless to say it got stuck back in the pile 'o kits, never to be seen again!

Great job on your build. It turned out awesome!