Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models All other types of model

Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default brass locomotive

awhile back, I got this nice and well used brass loco, 2-8-2 drive configuration, mismatched tender, had a loose tire, a short, old motoer...ect.
I tore it down, fixed the loose tire and short by re insulating the tire and pressing it back on, repowered the engine with a new can motor, which took some creativity to do, as the old openframe motor took up quite a bit more space. I had to make a mount, rewire stuff, and replace the gearbox that was part of the old motor. I added a few decals to the number boards to match the cab numbers, had a tender laying around that better fit the engine, so I got it down, repainted it, lettered it as you see, for a local line that existed in the early 1900s, a 282 that I worked from in a books photo, the prototype was numbered lower, but I figured Id leave it as it is.
I left most of the locos paint intact, as I liked the aged look, added a tad bit of weathering here n there, may do some more, specially on the tender, and Ill likely do a few touchups yet. this ones ready to go back to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2227.JPG (2.84 MB, 88 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: brass locomotive

That's a damn stout looking loco!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Tommie has a spectacular aura aboutTommie has a spectacular aura aboutTommie has a spectacular aura aboutTommie has a spectacular aura about

Just ran across your loco... beautiful piece of work, there. I love steam engines!
Nice one!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:31 PM

katana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud of

That's a great job!