Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Vendors > New Product Announcements

New Product Announcements New releases from kits to decals, stands to lighting kits.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM

drewid142 has disabled reputation
Default Crow's Nest Proteus and Light Kit!

For all of you building your Crow's Nest Proteus or about to...

Crow's Nest Models has formed a delicious alliance with www.lightbender.info! We just relased a spectacular little lighting kit for our new 1:32 Scale Mercury Spacecraft and we are about to release an even cooler light kit for the Proteus!

2 Kits for the Proteus, actually... one kit will have 4 tiny surface mount LEDs pre-soldered for total plug and play installation as ceiling lights... and the other is a little ring of tiny LEDs that drops right into the dome ring on the kit!

Here's a few pics of the first prototype! I hope it excites you as much as it excites me!

Price will be deteremined later... right now we are working with lightbenders to get the kits designed and produced.

If you haven't seen the Proteus kit yet... Visit CultTVman or Starship Modeler catalogs to see more about it... I am currently out of stock but should be re-stocking everyone later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProteusLightPreview1_SMALL.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	53959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Proteus48_Exterior2.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	53960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Proteus48_Interior_1.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	53961  

Last edited by drewid142; 10-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Crow's Nest Proteus and Light Kit!

Happy New Year! I thought I should just update this thread since I am getting a lot of inquiries. I lost some time, as many of you heard, because I had a little episode with my heart and spent some time in the hospital. The prototype lighting kit is in the hands of a modeler doing a test install. We are doing some fancy stuff with connectors between top and bottom hull... we should actually be in production very soon. I will post update as soon as I can! the ring of light is freakin" awesome!

Chers
Drew
Old 04-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Proteus Light Kits are IN!!!!!

They are a bit expensive... about $200... I will finalize price over the weekend and start shipping them out next week. Sorry for the cost, but they are totally plug and play. The ring of tiny lights for the dome ring is labor intensive, the mechanism for joining hull top and bottom with electrical connnections inolves custom cast parts with electronics and spring loaded pins fully installed. You don't have to do any "electronics" other than the most basic plugging in and rigging you wires to go out the ship and placing the switches where you want them. Oh... and all circuits have their own independant dimmers! There are warm whited interior lighting, and cooler done ring lighting.

If interested, send me an email "at" crowsnestmodels at verizon.net remember to swap the @ symbol for the "at"

Drew

Last edited by drewid142; 04-21-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 PM

I began shipping these light kits out! They sell for $200 per kit plus shipping. Just to clarify... why so expensive? These are not bags of elements you have to solder together, in fact, they make use of extremely tiny surface mount LEDs that are just about impossible for "regular" mortals to solder. These are pre-assembled ready to install light kits, so many man-hours have already gone into each kit. The guys over at Lightbenders have outdone themselves for me on this one... the tiny ring of lights for the dome ring is simply stunning and drops right into the kit part dome ring. There is a modified replacement part cast for the upper and lower hull connectors, and the tiny pins are also pre-installed... so you can have dazzling lighting effects without advanced electronics skills.

Here's a couple of pics of the parts... I hope to have good pics of kit installed soon, and I will post instructions on my site over the next few days.

Send email to crowsnestmodels at verizon.net if you wantt to order... replace the "at" with the @ symbol of course. I hope catalogs will stock these, but sometimes they shy away from expensive items.

Cheers
Drew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LightKitIllustrationsinstalled_small.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	57840   Click image for larger version

Name:	LightkitParts_Small.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	57841   Click image for larger version

Name:	RingOfLights!_Small.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	57842  
Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 PM

Caprica69 New face in the crowd

Anyone know where one of these might be available?