Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Retro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the rough
Default X-15A-2 1/15th scale

I finally finished the A2 in black. A lot of research went into this model. The model is built using molds I made off the wind tunnel model at Edwards, from there I built a CAD model using all the drawings and info I have, then matched the model to the CAD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Port.jpg (2.12 MB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Star 1.jpg (2.11 MB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Head on.jpg (3.57 MB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Aft.jpg (4.40 MB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Top.jpg (1.37 MB, 39 views)
Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: X-15A-2 1/15th scale

Incredible work. What more can be said. Incredible...
Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Bringing good things to life

ShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic work! And with using molds from the model at Edwards, its got some history to it as well.

I'v always wondered what's with the thick vertical stabilizer and blunt rear end. Why was it made that way?
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM

feek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to beholdfeek61 is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic job on a fantastic subject from a fantastic source.

Stunning!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 AM

youngtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura about

This one is totally off the hock. I love this jet/rocket and you built it in 1/15. I wish I could do some CAD work and do plans of jets that aren't in large scale. Super job!!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

You wouldn't happen to have another cast of that bird "laying" around, would you?

I have $200 in ref material and a little bit of experience building the X15:

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=6706

A scratchbuilt Ground Dolly, and nose gear wouldn't be terribly difficult to do I think....

Super sweet! Thanks for posting!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Love the X planes. This is a superb build. Couldn't get more accurate.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

given the background on your avatar, I'm surprised it took you so long to post Neb! I was waiting to hear your opinion on this masterpiece since you are the only one, any of us RI shlubs have any contact with that has probably(and very likely) sat in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post

You wouldn't happen to have another cast of that bird "laying" around, would you?

I have $200 in ref material and a little bit of experience building the X15:

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=6706

A scratchbuilt Ground Dolly, and nose gear wouldn't be terribly difficult to do I think....

Super sweet! Thanks for posting!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthumbs View Post
given the background on your avatar, I'm surprised it took you so long to post Neb! I was waiting to hear your opinion on this masterpiece since you are the only one, any of us RI shlubs have any contact with that has probably(and very likely) sat in it!
My butt is waaaaaay too wide to fit in that seat! I did, however, have my noggin jammed up inside the nose gear snapping pics when the curator showed up. Very accomodating fella---it was funny---he was asking me questions about the X15 as if he was testing me on it.

I was on vacation with very limited computer access when this baby showed up. Cat was kind enough to send me a pic via cell phone to give me a heads up.

Either that or he did it to torture me....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

I LOVE this!! Fantastic kit buddy!!

Last edited by mackjsm; 11-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Retro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the roughRetro Rocket is a jewel in the rough
Default X-15A-2 1/15th scale

Here's my lateset X-15A-2 in 1/15th scale. I've done the entire vehicle in CAD and I use that model to create the 2d layouts for all the rivets and details. I've found that instead of applying individual strips of rivets, I use large decals that cover about 80% of the surface. I've also found that printing on vinyl works great, it's almost indestructable once applied and can be used outdoors, tho' I doubt anyone would display this outside.

I have three more in production as well as a 1/40th XB-70. I've started using Shapeways to print stainless steel parts like the speedbrake arms for the X-15, they dont have a setup fee but the turn around isnt rapid.

JP
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
My ass is itchy...

PICS man, PICS!!!!!!

I've been waiting 4 years for you to post again----it's killing me!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:45 PM

[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM

I cant figure out how to post images so heres the photobucket link

http://s421.photobucket.com/user/ret...?sort=3&page=1
Old 10-10-2013, 02:53 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Rocket View Post
I cant figure out how to post images so heres the photobucket link

http://s421.photobucket.com/user/ret...?sort=3&page=1

That'll work!

AMAZING!!!! It's what I've waited for my whole life!

I want one......