Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 PM

The TrekModeler has disabled reputation
Default Classic BSG Colonial Viper !

Hey modelers and modelerettes!

Just wanted to show some test shots of the nearly completed Viper that my team and I are working on for a client!

Only Mods were the addition of some maneuvering jets and lighting.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...20BSG%20Viper/

All done now. Finished pics are up plus videos of the Light FX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v11.jpg (126.3 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg v9.jpg (126.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg v12.jpg (135.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg v14.jpg (129.0 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg v19.jpg (118.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg v17.jpg (125.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg v21.jpg (128.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg v23.jpg (112.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg f1.jpg (116.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg v5.jpg (102.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg v6.jpg (96.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg v7.jpg (288.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg v3.jpg (137.7 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg v25.jpg (122.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg v26.jpg (109.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg v27.jpg (110.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg v28.jpg (142.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg v29.jpg (112.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg v30.jpg (145.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg v2.jpg (125.4 KB, 113 views)
"A passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one nation the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter without justification...."

- George Washington

Last edited by The TrekModeler; 03-24-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Looking good there TrekModeler!

The maneuvering jet's is a neat idea there!

Phil
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks Wombat! I wish I could take the credit for the thruster idea but it was my client who requested that they be drilled out.
"A passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one nation the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter without justification...."

- George Washington
Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Very cool! Is that the styrene kit or a SS version?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Thanks Scorpius!

This is the reissue Revell styrene kit for the 30th anniversary! Sorry, I completely forgot to mention that!

- George Washington
Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Looking good, that turned out great.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Thanks Rel! I really appreciate it!

- George Washington
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

Excellent. Those engines are the icing on the cake!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 AM

Thanks 777!

The pulsing engines idea was actually some 'artistic license' put to use to bring her to life.

The electronics were custom made. A pic is attached.

A demo video is in this link below.
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...circuitvid.flv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vipercircuitpic.jpg (31.7 KB, 46 views)

- George Washington
Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Oh that's sweet that Revell's reissues are now out! Didn't know that, heh!

Anyhoo, very sweet work on the Viper there. I like the lightings.

But I am disappointed to see the panel lines are still raised, yikes! But I look forward to getting these in a short while. Gonna be sweet!

B
Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Rob.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 AM

Thanks a lot guys!! I really appreciate it!

...Sometimes, TM thinks outside the Trek Model box!

- George Washington
Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Very nicely done! I like how she turned out. The thrusters are a very nice touch, too!

BTW, I'd think that Bojay would have more than just five kills. Especially going off of the episode "The Living Legend". Then again, perhaps each of those Cylon symbols represent a squadrons worth of Raiders, eh...?

Again, very nicely done!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM

Thanks Griff!

Originally I wanted this to be as if Bojay was just 'starting out' with his fighter but I like your explanation alot better.

- George Washington
Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

When I was in the hobby shop last Saturday getting supplies for my star destroyer, I noticed that they had ONE of these sitting there, for $23.95. I *almost* bought it, however could feel my wife's eyes boring into my brain from a long distance away.