Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 AM

frostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the rough
Default lit 1:1400 Intrepid Class

1:1400 Intrepid-Class from Revell.
I fixed a lot of bugs on that kit (windows, hangardoor, impulsengine, deflectors...)
Hope you like it

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawking04.jpg (22.2 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by frostrubin; 11-17-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 PM

frostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the rough

Here are some WIP pix:

casting the clear replacements into the nacelles:

Electronic works:

Procress of the impulse engine:

Paintjob:

Decals done:

shot the windows please:

And the last act - front intake of the impuls engine:

just to push a little deeper

Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Zombie Jesus!
That's some good work there...
At first i though you had clear-cast the whol thing, but your WIP pics show that not to be true!
Well done there.
Bar.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Babaganoosh

It actually does look very nice. I like the diffusion of the impulse engines.

Also, not to pick nits but I don't think Revel's Voyager was 1/1400. Closer to 1/650th scale, I think.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by error View Post
Also, not to pick nits but I don't think Revel's Voyager was 1/1400. Closer to 1/650th scale, I think.

What've we told you? Leave the thinking to us...
Remember that there was a smaller set? With Voyager, the Maquis ship and the Kazon ship?
In 1/1400?
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
What've we told you? Leave the thinking to us...
Remember that there was a smaller set? With Voyager, the Maquis ship and the Kazon ship?
In 1/1400?
Itīs from this 3pc. set. And Iīm sure itīs in 1:1400...Maybe itīs only sold in Germany?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrubin View Post
Itīs from this 3pc. set. And Iīm sure itīs in 1:1400...Maybe itīs only sold in Germany?
I know dude.
I have eight of those sets in the loft.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
I know dude.
I have eight of those sets in the loft.
and what will you do with 8 of that ugly Kazon thing?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
and what will you do with 8 of that ugly Kazon thing?
I will douse them with petrol and offer them as a sacrifice to appease the modelling gods...
Actually, i only bought them to get the little Voyagers...
I want to make a few different versions(The first one will probably be the USS Bellerophon).
I was even tempted to re-master the whole kit with better windows and clear-cast parts for lighting.
Bar.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Absobloodylutely splendid job on the lighting, took a while for it to sink in (like most things these days) that it was the wee Intrepid from the three ship set.
Like i ever note what damn scale is scribbled on the box

Clean and spot on build, nicely done !
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:

What did you use in the windows?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Wow! I missed this thread previously, somehow! Very nicely done! Especially w/that small kit.

It’s advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you don’t know!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666 View Post
What did you use in the windows?
I used Microscale MICRO KRISTAL KLEAR. Works fine - also on bigger windows like on my Nebula:

Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

I've been considering doing that on a 1/350 Refit Enterprise.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 AM
On Vacation

fokkerpilot has disabled reputation

Last edited by fokkerpilot; 12-22-2007 at 07:35 AM.