Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finished Stargate Daedalus class(Uss Odyssey)

Hey guys.
I am leaving on sunday to go to the Creation Vancouver Stargate convention.
Just to have something no-one else there will have, i have painted up a copy of my Daedalus kit to take with me. I have it on a common or garden Tamiya 1/24 Car display case i got from my LHS.
I will be getting the attanding SG-1/Atlantis stars to sign the base.
I intend to try and give the ship itself to Bruce Woloshyn of Rainmaker(I will be keeping the signed base, and will build another one later on to take the original's place).

Here are the pics:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Odyssey3.jpg (70.7 KB, 44 views)
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jonathan!
I appreciate it.
Bar.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Barry, my friend! That is very nicely painted ship! Very sweet work from you as always! Wonderful job!

B
Old 03-28-2008, 01:00 PM

Thanks Ben!
It's an amateurish paintjob, but it will be the only one in Vancouver!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:09 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

^The only one with an amateurish paintjob or the 'only' one there?
Just tryin' to get the specifics here...

It's an nice job Barry and the case makes it look doubly cool. Presentation is everything!
Have fun at the gig in Vancouver.
I know you will but i just thought i'd say it anyways
Go easy mate.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
^The only one with an amateurish paintjob or the 'only' one there?
Just tryin' to get the specifics here...
Both...

Seriously, though, the kit has not been released yet, so as of right now, only myself and Marco Sheloske have one of the kits.
And i think mine will be the only one in Vancouver.
AND the only one with an amtuer paintjob!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

This is Fantstic Barry! Most excellent my friend!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Thank you Kurt!
All praise gratefully recieved!
Bar.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Looks pretty nice...an amateurish paintjob eh ? Go figure.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
Looks pretty nice...an amateurish paintjob eh ? Go figure.
It was very simple.
All i did was spray it primer grey, mask off a fair amount of the hull, and put on a few coats of primer to build up the panels.
After the panels were built up with the primer, i just went over the raised areas with a set of Tamiya weathering sticks.
The masking work can be seen here:

Old 03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Looking damn fine ol friend!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

Damn fine kit and very jealous of the forthcoming signage you're going to get! Excellent!! Who is going to be there and sign it?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

who will be selling this kit...and I don't think its an amature paint job, simple, but effective
Old 03-29-2008, 01:15 AM

Saltyre Technologies is casting the kit, and it will be getting sold through the SSM store.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:31 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Cool

Um, this is gonna sound stupid, but you got a link? (Also, how long is it?... the model that is...!)