Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Mr. Kuhn,
Oh how I wish I could take a photo anywhere near as well as you do for your models!
Thank you for the kind words, I am honored by your praise.

Don
Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Duck... excellent.

I just love Untersee Boots.... and yours is one fine example!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

OOT,
Even though we, the Americans, had our own examples which can now be modeled I think alot of folks agree that the U-Boat just had some mighty fine, graceful and yet aggressive lines to it that make them close to our hearts and linger in our minds?
Now, having said that, I just started compiling my reference books to attack the Gato class in my stash someday, hopefully soon?

Thank you very much for the kind words!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:40 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Duck, I built one of those Gatos (Excellent name BTW!) for a guy.... if it were mine I'd have had to add on to the house!

Add another foot or so to the U-Boat and you'll get the idea.....

I like the idea of the RI Wolfpack! Maybe start our own Paukenschlag thread...
Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Duck, I built one of those Gatos (Excellent name BTW!) for a guy.... if it were mine I'd have had to add on to the house!

Add another foot or so to the U-Boat and you'll get the idea.....

I like the idea of the RI Wolfpack! Maybe start our own Paukenschlag thread...

Well, I like that thought!

Re: a Gato-
Yeah, even though I'm starting to research how I might approach it I'm hesitant to start for exactly the reason you mentioned- room?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Keep talkin' guys...

You're inspiring me to try another shot at my COMBAT MODELS vac-form
U-35 I shelved several months ago.

It has absolutely no detail,and virtually everything has to be scratch-built.
Those WWI boats were a lot smaller than your Type VII's.

How would you feel about having one of the original "Grey Wolves" joining
your ranks?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

U-Boater,
I say go for it! It's a most worthy project even if needing alot of your time and care. Once done, we'll be proud to see it!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished reading Shadow Divers (really really good book btw), and and I thought initally this was a model of the U-869 which had been dubbed U-Who since when it was found off the New Jersey coast no one knew what boat it was.

Awesome build though
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Duck - one more thing.....well, two more things actually!

First, I love that camo scheme. Subtle but effective.

Second, how did you do the articulated torpedo doors?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Duck - one more thing.....well, two more things actually!

First, I love that camo scheme. Subtle but effective.

Second, how did you do the articulated torpedo doors?

Cat,
The doors nearly touch each other at the front end of the boat so I used a tube up there which pivots and then used a styrene link at the back end which was pivoted at both ends where it attaches to the rear of the doors. So, they just swing from side to side as a unit now. One side open, ones side closed- either way.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Talen,
Naw, mines the "who?" because I didn't choose any proto boat but just picked out whatever I liked in features and paint? Therefore, it's plausible, but not accurate to any particular boat or number.

But it was fun!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
It's gonna get real now.

So it's kind of like it was 'YOUR' boat. That's a fun approach - I've done several aircraft (and one PT boat) that way.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 PM

The TrekModeler has disabled reputation

Awesome build!
"A passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one nation the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter without justification...."

- George Washington
Old 05-14-2008, 04:25 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

^
Thanks TM
Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Duck, sweet work! Have you seen Andrea's 1/35 Type VII? Squadron has one in its offices, and that puppy is HUGE!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.