Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default A couple of Klingon Cruisers

At the request of the Mech the Monkey, I am posting a couple of my models.

First is my AMT/Ertl Vorcha-class Attack Cruiser. Built mostly straight from the box. The paint job was inspired by the repainted shooting models seen in DS9.

The second is the 1/1000 IKC Gorlos. The kit is a major kitbash/scratchbuild based on the PL D7. The model took Best Sci-Fi recently at a local model contest.

See the model from concept to completion here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...set=0&offset=0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vorcha1.jpg (515.2 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg Vorcha2.jpg (528.0 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg Gorlos1.jpg (502.4 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Gorlos2.jpg (480.4 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by The Mad Klingon; 06-13-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Better pictures
Old 06-13-2008, 06:53 AM

Smitty33 has a spectacular aura aboutSmitty33 has a spectacular aura aboutSmitty33 has a spectacular aura aboutSmitty33 has a spectacular aura about

WOW,those are frickin awesome!! GREAT work!!!
Mark
Old 06-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I wish the photos were a little bigger - these bad-boys look nice!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I uploaded them from Picturetrail and it looks like the are only about 500 pxs wide. I will get the originals off my PC at home this afternoon.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Awesome paint job and finish on those. Marvelous !

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
I wish the photos were a little bigger - these bad-boys look nice!
You got it! New larger images have been added!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Hey, The Mad Klingon. Those are great!! The Painting is fantastic, the use of panel shading and high lighting really makes'em pop.

_JohnLogan
Old 06-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

Wow, like I haven't seen those a million times. Finish something new. Like a Mercedes Le Mons race car.

P@T
Old 06-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

This one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mercedes_CLK-GTR.jpg (271.1 KB, 112 views)
Old 06-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

You bastard!

P@T
Old 06-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Don't drink the resin!

dasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond repute

HA! That's fuckin hilarious! You slay me Tommy!

Erin
<*>
Old 06-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Very Very, cool.

I can't say I like the Gorlos enough!!!!

That is just one Klingon design that should have been in Star Trek .....somewhere!!!...... ANYWHERE!!!!......

Hey Mr. Mad Klingon.... you gotta PM.

Gil
Old 06-14-2008, 08:22 PM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All
Thumbs up

That's probably the best finish I have ever seen on a Klingon ship. Nice work.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Klingon View Post
At the request of the Mech the Monkey, I am posting a couple of my models.

First is my AMT/Ertl Vorcha-class Attack Cruiser. Built mostly straight from the box. The paint job was inspired by the repainted shooting models seen in DS9.

The second is the 1/1000 IKC Gorlos. The kit is a major kitbash/scratchbuild based on the PL D7. The model took Best Sci-Fi recently at a local model contest.

See the model from concept to completion here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...set=0&offset=0
Excellent work, Tom! You entered these at WonderFest last year too, didn't you?

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Has it been that long!