Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all
Default FM Studio Scale Lighted Viper Mk 2

I recently got started on another Viper Mk 2 from FM Models.
This one is being done for a friend.... ..... with lighting.
And it's brand new for me as far as this level of lighting goes.

Any way... here are the first pics of the start and where I'm at now.

Comments and remarks are welcomed.

Gil

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vipers1135.jpg (48.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Looking good, very nice detailing.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:02 PM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel
Looking good, very nice detailing.
Thanks Rel,
Here are a few more pics....
I did more work on the cockpit today. Adding the dial faces and screens from the decal sheet.
I'm a little disapointed with the upper monitor....it didn't light up as much as I thought it would.
I may fix it... or leave well enough alone before I do too much......

Don't know yet.
Any way....
Gil

Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Modelhead

Max Zephyr has disabled reputation

No fair you got the clear parts... :P

Looking great so far.

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
--Somerset Maugham
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Now that cockpit is very SERIOUSLY cool!
I love little details like that and lit up, doubly so.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

That is B E A Utiful sir!!!

Top notch work!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 PM

nightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nice

Wow, that's gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM

Thanks very much guys....
I'm very pleased with how this is turning out so far..... being my first foray into this level of illumination.
My former practice has been very simple lighing with simple bicycle LED lights and others.

I decided to fix the secondary monitor lighting.
This came out really good, and was surprisingly easy.... (well as easy as it could be for this build)

I tried taking some really close-up pics..... but.....

Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

Very impressive Sherlock. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Scott

Keeping Garage Kits Alive!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:46 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Very good. Very good indeed.
Bar.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 11-12-2007, 09:11 AM

frostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the rough

Thatīs cool! Canīt wait so see it built up, with the lit pilot helmet formation lights... 8)
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very cool!

~Pete~
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 PM

Pics of the figure here.... about half way thru painting.

Gil

Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see the lights turned on...
Bar.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar
I want to see the lights turned on...
Bar.

Ask and ye shall recieve bar.

Here are pics of the mostly finished pilot. I took a tip from the gentleman that is building Kuhn Global's Blackbird, and used nail polish to give the flight suit that shimmery appearence of the real one.
He still needs a little touch up here and there ...but......

Gil