Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350th A6E Intruder, Finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Hangar queens.... That'd be a good use for the Tamiya a/c.....
Frankly the Tamiyas will be those deepest within the bowels of the hangar! There's that much difference. I'm wanting some with engine maintenance underway too! Gonna have a FULL scratchbuilt hangar that's lit to display the rest of the airwing in! No, this one won't be no quick build but I'm hoping to do it justice and have it warrant the time and effort not to mention materials?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Oh come on Don!! You could bang out that hanger with planes in a weekend!!
Sorry had to razz you there!!....But seriously from what I have heard about from chatting with you this is going to be a cool project
Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Frankly the Tamiyas will be those deepest within the bowels of the hangar! There's that much difference. I'm wanting some with engine maintenance underway too! Gonna have a FULL scratchbuilt hangar that's lit to display the rest of the airwing in! No, this one won't be no quick build but I'm hoping to do it justice and have it warrant the time and effort not to mention materials?
Don't forget the fire doors, Conflag Stations and overhead foam sprinklers.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:35 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
Don't forget the fire doors, Conflag Stations and overhead foam sprinklers.

With the murals of prior Enterprises and those overhead equipment racks too! A "worthwhile" project, perhaps?

Any pics of our modern carriers deployed appx 99-2000 would be most appreciated to help me flesh out the details too!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:42 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

LOL Don!

Somewhere down deep you could place an 'easter egg'... say a 1/350 shuttlecraft. (It shouldn't be much trouble finding appropriate markings...) That'll point out whether people are paying attention.

I built a 1/350 Bismarck once upon a time... got Second Place at a big contest back in the early '90s... and it had a couple Phalanx mounts amidships. (Nobody noticed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diceman
Swordfishes??? I frakked 'em!!! OHHH!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:02 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
LOL Don!

Somewhere down deep you could place an 'easter egg'... say a 1/350 shuttlecraft. (It shouldn't be much trouble finding appropriate markings...) That'll point out whether people are paying attention.

I built a 1/350 Bismarck once upon a time... got Second Place at a big contest back in the early '90s... and it had a couple Phalanx mounts amidships. (Nobody noticed!)

Das uber secret weapon, Capitan? OMG, and they went unnoticed or at least noone commented? Oh my.

BTW: Cat, I've got your "Easter Egg" and maybe I'll have it ready to post tonite or so?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Unbelievably amazing, Don! Fantastically beautiful work, dude! You, sir, are a true artist!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Thanks Griff! While not 2500th, I thought I'd enter into Liliput modeling like you!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay View Post
Very nice Don, clean and sharp! It's going to look great on a carrier model. With that level of detail it'll really bring the ship to life! Damn fine job sir.
Thank you Jay! What I'm shooting for is that the Enterprise ship itself is detailed enough that it will "warrant" the work on the airwing!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM

abledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of lightabledog is a glorious beacon of light

Dude! That's beautiful... what did you work with waldo's, (those funky robotic arms you see in isolation labs- if I have the name correct), and a microscope?! I don't even wanna think of the kind of eye strain I'd get from working that small.... bravo!!!!

So when's the rest of the flight deck coming?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by abledog View Post
Dude! That's beautiful... what did you work with waldo's, (those funky robotic arms you see in isolation labs- if I have the name correct), and a microscope?! I don't even wanna think of the kind of eye strain I'd get from working that small.... bravo!!!!

So when's the rest of the flight deck coming?

Optivisors and decent tweezers are the 'secret'! Oh, and I'm a firm believer in having lotsa good lighting about.

This one was a "test shot" for fun to see what I'd be up against and I found it most enjoyable- but, the airwing will be on hold till the Enterprise herself is being built and she's not 'next in line' right now. But she is next after next!

Thanks for your kind post, I appreciate it!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

WOW DD! That's amazing especially since you got all that detail into such a small plane!

~Pete~
Old 10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
WOW DD! That's amazing especially since you got all that detail into such a small plane!
What's amazing to me is that firms out there OFFER all that detail on such a small plane!

Thanks for your kind words, as always Sir.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

N/P Well if there's enough demand for something there'll always be someone to meet the demand

~Pete~
Old 10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
N/P Well if there's enough demand for something there'll always be someone to meet the demand
But I was surprised to find the cockpit tub and ejector seatframes- I was just collecting whatever PE was available for an Enterprise build and I wasn't expecting to find that?