Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-07-2020, 02:24 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Thank you so much for that link to the perfect tool! I just bought one
The grey sheet is Hobby Base 0.14mm sheet styrene. Its no longer made but I bought a fair bit if it a few years ago
It came in 1, 1.5, 2 and 5 mm strips as well which I also bought a packet of each, however, I'm nearly out of those and will have to resort to cutting strips off the B4 sized sheet
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

hi guys
quick update. I've finished with the top side of the nose section for now and won't be adding any more surface detail to it until it's joined to the rear section.
I'll be moving on the the main superstructure sidewalls and finish those off plus the roof sections and then add the last of the surface detail to the right side.

Sorry for worktop pictures, but I couldn't be bothered getting out the photo tent tonight - too much effort

It's current rest place:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ihvFor]

Well, that's it for now but as always, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Till next time
Si
Old 01-20-2020, 04:28 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That is a lot of teeny tiny itty-bitty etsie-weenie pieces! But all looking well worth the time. Certainly brings it more alive.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Thanks Thom

So, I have managed to get most of the starboard sidewalls and roof parts detailing done with only 3 left to go. Then it'll be time to blend in the walls to the surface and add some other stuff around - then the last part of the top side surface detailing will be over.
I'm still deciding if I will paint first then add the fiber or vice versa. I'm leaning toward paint first because I just think it'd be too hard to be able to trim off fibers without damaging the paint work but shuddering at time it'll take to do it like that. No pain no gain right?
Anyway, here's some pics of where I am at currently

That's it for now, but as always, thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si
Old 02-08-2020, 09:08 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

You are all over this with a vengance MH! Stunning micro workmanship across the whole deal
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 02-08-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:58 AM

Thanks mate!
Old 02-21-2020, 10:49 AM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

Wow. You must have excellent eyesight and steady hands. That is some detailing.

TazMan2000
Old 03-02-2020, 07:44 PM

I had the camera out today for other things and decided today is a good a day as any to take a couple of update shots. I'm not as far along as I would have liked but I had the spare time. I'm almost finished the top. I just have to finish the edging and then the top will be considered done.

I test fitted the bridge to the body to make sure I could. There are definitely going to be fitting issues but nothing some super glue won't take care of. Looks like I'll also have to add some more details once the body has been glued together to help tie in the areas better. This adds to the ever compounding issue of painting first or not (first world problems....)

Anyways, that's all the pics I took but thanks for looking in.

Si
Old 03-03-2020, 08:57 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Mind. Boggling.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:29 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The amount of finger-cramping you must experience is incredible. Such as your work.
Is that a phone I hear in the distance? Is ILM calling?

Old 03-04-2020, 01:56 AM

Thanks guys. Thom - I wish but I think the days of ILM calling on model builders is well and truly over with thanks to CGI.

As for the build, well, I have about 4 cm left of the top side to do then I'll flip it over to add a few details underneath
All being well, this should see the first coat of paint next week - if not, the week after
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 AM

Hello once again everyone. It's been few months since this was last updated and sorry to say, I haven't done as much as you might hope I had, but I have finished off the top section - well, mostly. I still have the SMD's to add for the trench spot lighting but in regards to detailing, that's all done

So here is the top section shown as finished. I added some of the bits that sort of frame some of the lines to balance it out. You'll catch my drift if you look at the last picture in the previous update and look to the left of the ship and you can see some chips that run down the mid-section in a line toward the front. They have been replicated on the other side to make it right.

That was a lot of explaining for something so trivial, so I shall move on and let the pics do the talking:

Its pretty much the same on the other side. I might yet bulk some of the rear section out some more but I need to see how the side walls go on first. I do need to sort out that section at the very back of the ship - looking at these reminded me about it

The bottom hull has also been started. I made the very foolish mistake of gluing the nose to the body in a hurry to install the hangar bay. This in hindsight was very silly. I has also located glue marks and other blemishes on there and I am not happy about it. I do not know when or how they got there but I also realised I forgot to grind down the old hangar surrounds and it has created a gap where there shouldn't be and now I have to fix and live with my decision to install when I did.

Still, none of this is unfix-able and I will fix it as much as I can accordingly. I just wish I hadn't created this unnecessary work for myself is all

Well, that's all I have for now, but I will be back again soon enough. As always, thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si
Old 08-09-2020, 06:59 PM

Hey, great to see this back in-progress!

Old 08-18-2020, 06:48 AM

Thanks Thom - I'm just glad to see people are still looking. It's been over 2 years already.....

So, time for a small update. Things are progressing slower than I had hoped as I had to fix my screw up with the hangar bay installation. I've got one side sorted and I just need to finish the other side later on. I forgot to grind down the existing surface detail before slotting in the hangar bay, but it's fixable. You can see the gap that mistake left in the first pic if you look where it goes in. Then on the pic below it, you can see my fix for it which is working well.

It looks very busy up here but the paint will bring that down a few notches. I'm also going to space out the detail more and not add as much the further back I go. I have to be careful not to over do it (although I dare say there are some of you who already think I'm well past that) as I fear I will loose the grandness of the ship.

Well, that's all I have for now, but once I have done something worth taking pics of, I will of course update again.

Feel free to critique, make a suggestion, comment or just do nothing at all but as always, thank you for stopping by and having a look

Till next time

Si
Old 08-18-2020, 11:54 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

So many bitty details! A pleasure to behold.