Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Star Trek TOS 'gold' uniform shirt from Murraymousie

I've been wanting a good-quality TOS uniform for years now. My mom made me one of each color back in the mid-'80s using patterns from Lincoln Enterprises but I have long since outgrew them.

I've been wanting one that fits, that has the invisible zipper, and the correct braid, everything. I got into the market for one a few years back, had a couple bad experiences with sellers, and got soured on the prospect.

I recently rejoined the quest and started looking around. Rubies? Nope. Other 'quality' Chinese-made uniforms? Nope. Anovos? They are nice, but pricey. They're made in all the standard sizes, but my problem is that I wear an XL, but I have a thick neck that generally requires an XXL or bigger. The neck area on a TOS uniform is kind of critical. If I got an XL, the neck may be too tight, but if I got one that fit in the neck then the shirt itself would fit like a tent. So, I passed on the Anovos.

My next option was eBay seller Murraymousie, aka Stephanie Mann. If you look at her selection, she does it all TOS-wise. Over a thousand feedbacks, ALL POSITIVE. Many comments made about her quality and speed. I liked those odds.

So, I picked out the
CUSTOM-MADE Costume GREEN STAR Trek Uniform Men's Trek Shirt

I went with that because the gold (1st and 2nd season style) velour shirts, while very attractive, burn me UP. Plus I like the greener hue of the third-season style double-knit uniforms.

This was Mrs Cat's Christmas present for me, so I ordered and paid for it. Stephanie contacted me through eBay's messaging reqesting the usual measurements. I gave them to her and asked that she include the insignia patch, but not to sew it on. She replied that that was cool with her.

Ten days later I get a notification that it had been SHIPPED! I was surprised because it being this close to Christmas, I figured she'd have been booked solid and as slow as, well, Christmas. Such was not the case!

I opened it up and put it on, and it fit me perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose, perfect. Even the neck area.

Please see the pics below.

She uses patches and braid from ebay seller Katarra8. Looks just right, there is a site somewhere where someone compares all the available rank braids to original screen-used stuff, and Katarra's is by far the most accurate.

The fabric has a high-quality feel to it. Stephanie didn't use bargain-basement material for this. I'm thinking she had to have it custom-dyed.

Check out the invisible zipper, the quality and strength of the inside stitching, and the collar detail. Also, there is a pic of it with the red and blue shirts my mom made me years back. The blue is a little too blue, but the red is close to right.

The color of this uniform is interesting, under subtly different light conditions it is more toward the popular late '60s avocado green, but in others it takes on more of a gold hue. The NuTrek command shirts are this color.

It is very comfortable to wear, too.

Bottom line: This is NOT the last item I will buy from Stephanie. Not by a longshot.

Again, here's a link to her eBay store. Go check out what she has to offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3483.jpg (191.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3482.jpg (186.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3486.jpg (93.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3487.jpg (285.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3488.jpg (51.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3489.jpg (105.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3494.jpg (103.8 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 12-14-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Star Trek TOS 'gold' uniform shirt from Murraymousie

Awesome!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:36 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

And VERY inexpensive I might add...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
And VERY inexpensive I might add...
All handmade Not mass-produced.

One thing I like about this better than the Anovos is that the Anovos' color is 'optimized'. I don't have a problem with that really, but I want mine to be as close to the originals as possible.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:18 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

That's a great looking shirt and very faithful to the look of the original. Nice find!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 02-06-2014, 01:07 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
That's a great looking shirt and very faithful to the look of the original. Nice find!
Thanks I was so happy with it that I have since gotten a Velour version of it, and sometime in the future I'm going to have her make me a dress uniform

I just can't say enough good stuff about her product.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future

I get the impression Katarra8 might be able to help you out with the Miranda patch...
Old 02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpauly View Post
I get the impression Katarra8 might be able to help you out with the Miranda patch...

I emailed Katarra8 with that very question, she didn't bother even answering my email.