Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default afghanhound

another WIP, this time of an afghan hound. sculpt is mostly done, just hanging jaw, eyes and eyebrows and a few odds n ends, face will be done with fleece, ears ,crown and back of head will be done with NFT fabric haveing 7 inch long fibers. be awhile since I have to wait for the fur to get here now...before I can start sewing the body and furring the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2765.JPG (2.56 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2766.JPG (2.76 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2767.JPG (3.04 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg princess afghan1.jpg (2.25 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg princess afghan2.jpg (1.44 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg princess afghan3.jpg (1.61 MB, 3 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 01-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: afghanhound

in the third photo I just added to the main thread, I have her face all "furred" and the long fur thats not here yet mocked up, and an ear mocked up. the eyes, again, are mockups as well, but gives you an idea of what she will look like. Ill be doing the airbrushing of her muzzle later today.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
the many faces one

after some painting....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2768.JPG (3.05 MB, 3 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
the many faces one

got the fur I was waiting for, her ears are done, hair is on, eyes are mockups, lower jaw is pinned on for now...still need to fur it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2780.JPG (2.63 MB, 1 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Those dogs always looked a bit freaky to me
Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

I've always wondered.....

How do people keep from over-heating while wearing these?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
I've always wondered.....

How do people keep from over-heating while wearing these?
some of us are acclimated to it, some wear cooling vests inside, or have fans in the muzzle, and others have pockets in strategic places for ice packs.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
the many faces one

body is almost done, this will debut at Further Confusion in a week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2784.JPG (2.32 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2785.JPG (2.66 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

The body must take as long or longer than the head?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
The body must take as long or longer than the head?
actually, went together rather fast this time, day n a half. so, with the last tidbits to do yet, call it two days. helps when I have a place I can really spread out the material for layout and cutting though, and Ive made a few of these...
I have the red and white husky at about the same point, just tidbits to finish and its done too...they will both be debuting at FC next week.

my usual estimate for build time is 60 to 80 hours for a whole costume.
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 01-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:54 AM
the many faces one

all done, took it out last night on the art walk, we had lots of fun, got lots of looks and coments, and a request to come to the world accordian festival and perform in october...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg princess afghan1.jpg (2.25 MB, 4 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Mostly Harmless

Perform?? you play the accordion?
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Perform?? you play the accordion?
no, perform in my furry costumes for the performers that do play that instrument.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Mostly Harmless

Thumbs up Re: afghanhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
no, perform in my furry costumes for the performers that do play that instrument.
Sean - you MUST post video of that!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:06 AM
the many faces one

Ill see what I can do for ya...I do already have my costumes on videos...CNN got no less then 4 of mine on the air a few years ago, and I was just on a local channel, and theres vids of my suits on u tube...
www.moorcatarts.com