Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 07-13-2020, 11:28 AM

Bridger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/350 Reliant build-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks Bridger!

I've recently been doing my impulse grills in this method since using 35mm slide film to recreate interior spaces. The resolution is extremely high and when backlit is a very realistic and sharp detail that is nearly impossible to replicate as a physical construct. Now, I've done a ton of impulse drives and lit them with a variety of diffusion film, glass beads, clear styrene and acrylic, overlapped with photoetch, etc. It does the job but with a single piece of slide film - that includes the diffusion, color gradient and any grill work, it's a no-brainer. The film blacks are completely opaque.
Ok, I am sold on it, but how do you print on the film?

Quote:
I have no problem painting these larger pieces. Obviously not as convenient as a smaller model, but I generally use a section of foam rubber to lay the model on as I work to protect it from scratches.
Sorry I was a bit unclear on this my main concern right now is the material of the resin printer would you recommend to prime the parts first.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:46 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

I use an online service that allows me to upload my high resolution jpegs to be printed on 35mm slide film: http://www.exslides.com/Default.htm

I will prime everything before painting as a general rule. Depending on the model, I may build subassemblies and prime that as a group. Eventually, everything becomes one unit and I paint it as such.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I use an online service that allows me to upload my high resolution jpegs to be printed on 35mm slide film: http://www.exslides.com/Default.htm

I will prime everything before painting as a general rule. Depending on the model, I may build subassemblies and prime that as a group. Eventually, everything becomes one unit and I paint it as such.
Thank you, you helped me a lot.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:44 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Awesome work! You are exceptionally meticulous, very organize and obviously having a blast too building this model. I can feel the adrenalin rush
Old 07-21-2020, 08:04 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Awesome work! You are exceptionally meticulous, very organize and obviously having a blast too building this model. I can feel the adrenalin rush
Thanks Nostromo! It was a fairly quick build, all things considered.

Here's a few images of her alongside the Endurance (both 1/350 scale). Reliant is 30" long, the Endurance is 47.5".

Old 07-21-2020, 08:41 AM

Both are just beautiful.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:07 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Dang, done already! It's almost like immediate satisfaction. She looks real good Admiral, and hanging nice and tight in formation with the Endurance.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-01-2020, 03:20 AM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough

WOW!! and WOW!! again..
Those two are really nice. The bigger, the better as far as I am concerned, shows all that minute detailing. Superb..