Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 05-01-2016, 09:10 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Cool, looking forward to this twin engine destroyer.
Thanks! Well, that makes two of us.

A small fire in the hangar Saturday toasted the day's progress of installing the twin blinker LEDs and board over the hangar door. Something shorted the board when testing at 12V. Smoke rose through the aft dome hole, signaling the XO to come storming and halting the day's activity. New board on order. Also, the starboard cabin light panel died - a broken copper ribbon in the LED strip forced a hasty removal via needle-nosed pliers. A replacement was made and reinstalled today.

The remains:

Nacelle lighting began with the port side. Following the example done by Dave Lewis's Miranda build, the blue LED strips were set on the inboard half to bounce and diffuse the light off of the outboard half. A white SMD tab was mounted aft to light the rear cap. The bussard ring lights were test fitted here and the control board fixed internally on the port drive. Also seen here is a orange blinking LED in the center - this is the source light for (2) .5mm fiber optic strands that will exit the detail area between the inboard blue grills.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:55 AM

Manu2401 New face in the crowd

This is such a great build. Fantastic!! Will there be a kit or is it a one off?

The design reminds me of the Voyager, with the lack of a neck between saucer and secondary hull. Makes it sleek and fast.

Btw is the shuttle shown in the hangar from the TOS E kit or is there another source for those 1/350 TOS shuttles?

Last edited by Manu2401; 05-02-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Awesome lighting in the nacelles! The little details just shine through in your builds.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:00 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I don't think the wiring harness in my Boxster is run that tight!

Jesus.

Nice work Bill.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:52 AM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Good Lord, look at that lighting system!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

So awesome I'm at a loss for words.....
Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post

A small fire in the hangar Saturday toasted the day's progress of installing the twin blinker LEDs and board over the hangar door. Something shorted the board when testing at 12V. Smoke rose through the aft dome hole, signaling the XO to come storming and halting the day's activity. New board on order. Also, the starboard cabin light panel died - a broken copper ribbon in the LED strip forced a hasty removal via needle-nosed pliers. A replacement was made and reinstalled today.

The remains:

You have probably already thought of this but be careful that circuit board is insulated from that Aluminum tape. The tape will short things out for sure!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu2401 View Post
This is such a great build. Fantastic!! Will there be a kit or is it a one off?

The design reminds me of the Voyager, with the lack of a neck between saucer and secondary hull. Makes it sleek and fast.

Btw is the shuttle shown in the hangar from the TOS E kit or is there another source for those 1/350 TOS shuttles?
Thank you! While this is a custom scratch build, the nacelles are available separately now from Blap! Models as a 30-piece resin kit. Eventually, there is a plan to produce Sentinel as a 1:1000 kit.

Yes, the shuttlecraft is from the 1:350 Enterprise kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
Awesome lighting in the nacelles! The little details just shine through in your builds.
Thank you Scott. The devil keeps me shining those details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
I don't think the wiring harness in my Boxster is run that tight!

Jesus.

Nice work Bill.
Thanks George! I took cues from the other guys at BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief D.D. Maxwell View Post
Good Lord, look at that lighting system!!!
You should see the HVAC system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
So awesome I'm at a loss for words.....
But I appreciate those that you do share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blappy View Post
You have probably already thought of this but be careful that circuit board is insulated from that Aluminum tape. The tape will short things out for sure!
Yep, that was my first suspect. I have since removed it. Although I did cut the area from where the board was mounted - something internal touched the exposed board when the top was placed on the hull.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

"Thanks George! I took cues from the other guys at BMW. "

Hahahaha!!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:

My respect for you as a builder is completely gone now. And no, it doesn't take much...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-02-2016, 05:00 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
My respect for you as a builder is completely gone now. And no, it doesn't take much...
Wha????? What did I do??!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Eventually, there is a plan to produce Sentinel as a 1:1000 kit.
That would be a sight to behold- and to own!!!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:03 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wha????? What did I do??!
Okay, okay... One more chance, but no more mistakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief D.D. Maxwell View Post
That would be a sight to behold- and to own!!!
And this definitely. I'd buy two of those bad girls, as well as a Wasp and a Shangri-La in 1/1000!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 05-03-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:12 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Okay, okay... One more chance, but no more mistakes!:laughing6

And this definitely. I'd buy two of those bad girls, as well as a Wasp and a Shangri-La in 1/1000!!
Yes sir! Whew!! You had me worried for a moment. I thought I had made some horrendous RI faux pas!!

The members on this board will get first dibs when they are ready!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 05-03-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:13 AM
All ahead full

The Sentinel project was greatly, if not entirely, inspired by Mr Lewis's MIRANDA build. There is one image of the M - in progress - that remained indelible on my mind while constructing the Sentinel and a goal for me to attain. It may be a silly thing, but picturing the moment when I could turn on her engines was something that has taken many months and I wanted to re-create that very image Dave had taken with M at a similar stage. So, I cued up the Andrea episode (had to pause at the right moment) and lined up the shot with S.

Thank you Dave, and for letting me borrow Andrea.

The original shot:

The recreation:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 01:46 PM.