Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 07-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I hate Illinois Nazis

Isurus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Cover them thangs up! There be virgin eyes on this site.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
That's a nice pair of D's she's got there!
Speaking of D's, the TNG-era Enterprise D used both the oval and rounded rectangle within their dish while the Voyager used the inverted "D" shape. If these are the shapes of things yet to come, we'll stick to the round, if not oval dish for now.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

For the registry number, I'd suggest something in the 1800-1900 range. That would place it in the TOS era, but the blended neck would be suggestive of the Excelsior to come. I have a refit Constitution rough CAD design in the file somewhere that has a very Excelsior-ish blended saucer to engineering hull, sort of an Excelsiorized Constitution. I figured a registry in the late 1900s would make it a contemporary of the Excelsior without going beyond it. I'd think much the same for your design, like it was the last class built with TOS tech before the Movie era. Just an idea.

Bob
Old 07-02-2015, 03:59 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Well if we're taking a poll, I'm in the round nav deflector camp. It just works
Old 07-02-2015, 05:34 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptivaboy View Post
For the registry number, I'd suggest something in the 1800-1900 range. That would place it in the TOS era, but the blended neck would be suggestive of the Excelsior to come. I have a refit Constitution rough CAD design in the file somewhere that has a very Excelsior-ish blended saucer to engineering hull, sort of an Excelsiorized Constitution. I figured a registry in the late 1900s would make it a contemporary of the Excelsior without going beyond it. I'd think much the same for your design, like it was the last class built with TOS tech before the Movie era. Just an idea.

Bob
Most - actually all - of the 1800's are spoken for in Heavy Cruiser (Tikopai, Constitution) and Miranda, Avenger and Surya class starships. The only TOS hole in the 1900's would have to happen before Stargazer (1935), Saratoga (1937) and Bozeman (1941) which are TMP and later built ships - if I am considering a pre-2000 sequential registry.

The Sentinel, as a Light Cruiser, and most likely a late TOS period vessel (second 5-year mission timeline) could fit with a early 1900 number. I imagine an 8 ship build in this class with NCC's maybe 1905 through 1912.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:12 PM
All ahead full

Finally completed the stern view and tweaked a few more details that didn't jive until the other views forced them into place. Not likely to draw a ventral view unless I need it. I just want to start building this. Anyway, here's the nearly final design pending any other lame-brain ideas I come up with:

Larger views of bow /stern:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Beautiful ship! Can't wait!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Oval deflector it is.

And now, I shall predict the future, at Wonderfest 2016: "And the award goes to..."

Can't wait to see it "in plastic," so to speak.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:27 AM
All ahead full

In my conquest to redesign everything, I've begun a Starship Sentinel version of the standard shuttlecraft. Classified as a J-Type personnel auxiliary craft, there will be three aboard as the Clarke, Kubrick and Floyd. I've been working on sketches of the design and here is an early draft of the profile and top view. The aft impulse area has yet to be drawn:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Sweet. I like the swoop of the "chine".
Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Really using the TOS for cues, but doing it in an awesome way!
Love how you keep the third window, but make it different by pushing it outward.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:18 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Nice designs!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:36 AM
All ahead full

Optional transitional registry font for Sentinel. I did this mock up to try out an updated font (microgramma) on the ship as she might appear in a late TOS, pre-TMP era. I realize I may have to update the pennant as well. Still would rather stay old school. We'll see.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Looking swell!

Old 08-01-2015, 04:52 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

I like this look.

Bob