Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 08-22-2017, 03:05 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Kit Kongs Mansion Armour Annie WWII pin-up 1/8th

Sweet mother of SHIT that is gorgeous!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:16 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I had the sneaking suspicion you might approve old friend!

Well the shirt is a done thing paint wise, going for a slightly used/worn clothing look rather than pristine.

The shorts will be a dark buff and the belt a lighter buff. Also sorted out some markings. I only need three of 'em but printed out a shitload in slightly varying sizes just in case.

Not absolutely sure if it was WWII standard to have the motto or whatever under the Division flash, probably more Korean war thing I think from limited research but took the one I found on line and did a slight alteration from 'HELL ON WHEELS' because why the hell not...

More to come!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

That's fantastic!
Great paint job, great decals, can't wait to see this all come together.
Hope the dogtags come to fruition too.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:22 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks!
The tags will probably be the very last thing done but the hair paint went well and the decals likewise.
Matt black base for the hair then black and burnt umber drybrushed, another going over with the same plus more umber then a dash of flat earth added for a final going over.

We be getting there, oh by crikey yes!
Does that count?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

A raven-haired beauty - bold choice.

How did you print the decals? Testor's white and a home inkjet, or was it farmed out to someone?
Old 08-24-2017, 10:46 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I have a preference for dark hair as it frames the face but that's just me

Decals were done on my laser printer, just straight on to plain white decal sheet then the usual trim, soak and stick with a dab of microsol, sorted!
Does that count?
Old 08-27-2017, 05:32 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Almost there.

Does that count?
Old 08-27-2017, 11:28 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

And she's a done deal!

Page 5, Clothing Paint And Final Detailing Part 1.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie5.html

Page 6, Clothing Paint And Final Detailing Part 2.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie6.html

Edited highlights without the trail of carnage that usually occurs in the Hellhole

Sling added to the Thompson. 5thou" steel and soldered wire for the end clips and buckle with thin card for the sling itself.

Assembled and painted, a fair amount of scenic glue added to the card sling, a bit of draping forming and left the hell alone to cure.

Dog tags! Tried the etching thing, just didn't work out so cut some 5thou" steel, filed to shape and added decals.

Spun .02 wire, painted black and then rubbed with a thinners soaked rag. Set up more or less in proper WWII fashion with one tag on the main chain and one secured to it by a short length.

A short amount of faffing about and in position.

Turret secured by bloody big screw, girl secured by brass pins and epoxy, DONE!!

Gallery proper to follow in the finished section, probably tomorrow.
But that's me done with this one and I'm happy with how she's turned out.
Later gang!
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-27-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Humble Aspirant

Default Re: Kit Kongs Mansion Armour Annie WWII pin-up 1/8th DONE!

*applause*
Looks like the strap hardware was painfully small detailwork.

I like the way you handled the dog tags; looks clear enough to read as well.

Properly indexed finger on that trigger guard, she's been well trained in gun safety.

Best-
-SF
Old 08-29-2017, 10:36 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks SF.
It was but worth it in the end.
Yep pretty pleased with how the tags came out meself

Well she be in the finished section now, thread linky thing:
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=17180

Enjoy!
Does that count?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Just lovely Ian.

And fun!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:51 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks George and yes, it was fun for once
Does that count?