Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 AM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kelvinprise

The hull is all glued up, the torpedo launchers installed, as well as the starboard pylon. However, the port nacelle has gone missing. I did hear the kitties playing with something last night. Hmmm...
Old 08-07-2019, 03:16 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

A small delay. I've head to order new parts to deal with the misalignment on the port nacelle and pylon. I think its a printing issue. Here I thought I was done!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Just a light delay, and what I say!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-18-2019, 09:45 PM

Still waiting. A few parts arrived but not everything. Then, I'll put it all together and we'll see.

Bob
Old 08-21-2019, 09:18 PM

Okay, the new parts have all arrived and I've been cleaning up and dry fitting the parts. I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but so far the parts look good. And, more importantly, things seem to be lining up, even using the old hull that I thought was warped. The alignment issue may have been not in the pylon to hull join, but in the pylon to nacelle area. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking right now. I'm back at work teaching (you don't even want to know about the ankle bracelets in my 4th period Econ class!) so I'll likely get to it all this weekend.

Bob
Old 08-24-2019, 02:13 AM

https://imgur.com/a/nn8VKks
Old 08-25-2019, 09:16 AM

Please excuse the crappy cell phone pictures. The main camera doesn't work so I have to use the backwards facing camera and I'm never sure if its aiming properly.

https://imgur.com/a/h1idDdU

Well, she's all put together! Well, almost. The neck adaptor piece sticks out just a bit too far, so that'll be reduced in height by about a mil. Mr. Surfacer primer really brought out the warts; there are some print artifacts on the pylons, in particular, and the two hull halves aren't quite seamlessly mated. That's a printing issue as the two sides are literally mirror images of each other. Some putty and light sanding should fix that up.

Over the next two weeks:
- cleanup.
- puttying and sanding.
- detail and deflector assembly.
- add the warp engine details.
- decal her up as the USS Constitution, using TOS decals.

Thanks for looking!

Bob
Old 08-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

coming together nicely
Old 09-06-2019, 10:17 PM

Slowly filling in and sanding. The 3D printed phasers seem to have vanished. I blame the cats!
Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Cats always take their due...

Looking good there!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-08-2019, 01:39 PM

I just primed the nacelles, and the phasers turned up - my fault, not Lucyfur's. All three Paasche's have been rebuilt and are spraying nicely. I also got a new Paasche Talon airbrush but I'll wait 'til after this project is done to learn how to use it.

The plan is to install the kit secondary hull where it goes atop the saucer. Since the Constitution is meant to be a long range, deep space explorer this will allow a measure of redundancy for a ship meant to be on its own for many months at a time. The ship might look slightly unbalanced, something like a TOS dreadnought, but its a time saver and it allows more of the donor kit to be used and not simply tossed in the trash. In the future, the neck CAD design will be cut down in height (slightly too tall). to make the ship more streamlined and balanced.

Photos in a few days.