Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Vendors > New Product Announcements

New Product Announcements New releases from kits to decals, stands to lighting kits.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:29 AM

jtgraphics has disabled reputation

Any idea on what a FULL KIT would run? I have't started a Galactica but would love to have one and if a FULL KIT becomes available, I'm in.

Jeffrey Waclawski
JT-Graphics
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 AM

customreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to behold
Default Working on that request...

Jeff,

Hi there, long time. Glad to see you here.

We're working on that. We announced a price for the resin parts ( all 1,136 + the D-51 ).

Laser-cut, electronics and stand/armature are the last big hurdles, plus a photogrpahic map of where to place all.

We also have to determine if we want to get involved with selling the fiber-optics.

The landing bay electronics are wicked cool and run very close to what was seen on TV.

Plus, once we get closer to finishing #1, we will make the arms, coffin, pyramid, and promised accessories, including the head hood and bay caps.

I will ask Mark about final pricing over the holiday.

Jim Key - Custom Replicas
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 AM

jtgraphics has disabled reputation

As soon as you have a final price, I'll be one of the first guys in line.

Also, remember when you need decals...............
Old 07-12-2008, 03:50 PM

customreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to beholdcustomreplicator is a splendid one to behold
Default Series 3 and series 4 parts additions

Hello everyone,

Attached are the just added series 3 and series 4 parts. These are the pattern shots.

The count has now risen to over 1,150 parts that we cast for a complete Galactica kit.

We can start taking orders on these parts at the beginning of August.

I'm going to also offer the parts as series 1, 2, 3, & 4 individual units.

Total kit is still $2,500 with a 3 week lead time. The individual series pirces are still being determined.

Mark's new arms, coffin, pyramid patterns and hood have been pushed back a bit to get build #1 closer to being done.

Best of luck and shout out to Sean Sides going to Wonderfest!

Jim Key
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Series 3 parts.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	516.4 KB
ID:	13790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Series 4 parts.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	13791  
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default HOLY SMOKES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by customreplicator View Post
Hello everyone,

The count has now risen to over 1,150 parts that we cast for a complete Galactica kit.

We can start taking orders on these parts at the beginning of August.

I'm going to also offer the parts as series 1, 2, 3, & 4 individual units.

Total kit is still $2,500 with a 3 week lead time. The individual series pirces are still being determined.

Jim Key
WOW!!! Is that the ENTIRE 6 foot beastie SS kit price Jim?!!! $2500?!!!!! That is VERY reasonable!

I hate to get my excitement up early. I'd better wait for confirmation.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Total RESIN kit price, Kurt

Kurt,

Yeah, since today is mostly debates about pricing, the confirmation is to acknowledge that the $2,500.00 is for the entire "RESIN" only kit parts that we produce. Shipping extra.

That does not include the newly planned arms, coffin, pyramid, hood, landing bay caps, etc. They will be a separate offering.

We start taking orders in August. 3 week lead time.

The entire kit is still well over $7K, and climbing slightly.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Custom Replicas Galactica kit parts

I'm in the situation where, for example, I only need 3 or 4 parts from each part set. As long as I meet a minimum order, can I still just buy the parts I need?

Get my drift? I can't really order all four or five sets for only 20 parts. I hope we can be a bit flexible for those of us not needing the whole 1100 parts.

Mike, Oz
Old 07-19-2008, 03:02 PM

Mike,

E-mail me privately, as we're at that point and I'll quote you directly.

customreplicas@ca.rr.com

I cannot take orders until August.

Jim Key
Old 07-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Custom Replicas D-51 preview

Hello everyone,

Here is the original D-51 in and out of the mold preview.

Thanks to Ryan, and his source ( many thanks as well ), we have a nearly perfect ( barely any shrinkage ) replica of this rare part. The other minor parts came out ( including the rails ) just as nicely.

This is considered series 4 - only the D-51 parts.

Jim Key
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D-51 preview 1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	14028   Click image for larger version

Name:	D-51 preview 2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	14029   Click image for larger version

Name:	D-51 preview 3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	14030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Series 4 D-51 ensemble.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	14044  

Last edited by customreplicator; 07-19-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Old 07-22-2008, 11:00 PM

Sean,

E-mail me, to catch up.

Thanks,

Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Total RESIN kit price, Kurt

LOLOLOLOL... I figured I misunderstood.

Anywhere from 7-10K is a great deal for such a complete kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by customreplicator View Post
Kurt,

Yeah, since today is mostly debates about pricing, the confirmation is to acknowledge that the $2,500.00 is for the entire "RESIN" only kit parts that we produce. Shipping extra.

That does not include the newly planned arms, coffin, pyramid, hood, landing bay caps, etc. They will be a separate offering.

We start taking orders in August. 3 week lead time.

The entire kit is still well over $7K, and climbing slightly.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

If I say I hate you, Jim, please don't take it personally.

Looks nice. Just wish I could do something like this. Instead I have to work with the "dinky" small models.

Oh, well. Maybe in my next life I can grow up to be a studio scale modeler like you guys. In the mean time I'll just admire and be jealous of your works.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Spread a build out over a decade and it's not that expensive Griff! I bet plenty of people spend WAY more than I have on kits per year that sit unbuilt on the shelf. I've resisted that urge and have a battlestar in the room to blow people away when they see it. It's my Sistine Chapel, my master work that I will probably never attempt again. Lovin' it!

Mike, Oz
Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think people like myself, Charles Adams, Jim Creveling and all the others just woke up and spent thousands of dallars over night? NO WAY Jose!
It's a slow process but the reward is in the end when it's done. Then you look back and say hey, that wasn't so hard

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....