Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Wonderfest 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrest Fourstar View Post
I've been on an extreme dry spell when it comes to buying anything so far this year I'm not sure. Jimi is just about the only one to give a heads up on what he's going to have. Last year there was an awesome Deja Thoris figure I wouldn't getting this year if possible. I did all my buying at either the meet and greet or in The party suite(What is the name going to be this year? I only remember Suite of the living dead which I think is what it was called in 2007).

I don't know. I'm really looking forward to WF, but ATM can't get excited to buy stuff
We have a Suite name and poster this year (thanks to Robb) but I can't tell you what it is because then I'd have to kill you and well......we just had George mop the floors in here.

I posted over in the New Stuff for WF thread on SM with what I will have but I don't think you're into Trek.

I know I've bought very little the last couple of years. I really only am into the smaller 2500 Trek stuff and there's really been slim pickings with that over the last couple of years. This year I'm only looking at picking up Blappy's Gunstar kit. I do need some more tools though so that's also a possiblity.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
We have a Suite name and poster this year (thanks to Robb) but I can't tell you what it is because then I'd have to kill you and well......we just had George mop the floors in here.
Yeah---please don't tell him....Eric always uses a wood chipper to get rid of the body, and it takes forever to clean up.

I haven't bought much of anything the last 2 years either---and what I have bought I coulda bought online from anyone anyhow.

This year though, I'm in for Blap's Gunstar as well. AND this might be the year Eric snags me on a kit.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
AND this might be the year Eric snags me on a kit.
You know you want a Jem'Hadar.....you know it.

Seriously though.....I was amazed at the first casting Erin sent me. It's stunning.....and I can't wait to get it back (it's being fitted for window decals) so I can start slopping paint all over.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
...and I can't wait to get it back (it's being fitted for window decals) so I can start slopping paint all over.
Now now now.....don't get lazy!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, not into Trek. was hoping to Get Jimi's Radiant but I don't know.(see, Im so wishy washy on buying stuff). After last year, I realized I was blowing a shitload on expensive models and not really building any. I'm almost done with a 1/144 Falcon that I have been loading progress pictures onto my Facebook account and it's been coming along great. It's be done if I hadn't fucked up the clear parts.

Anyhow, I'm not sure about buying anything, but then, we'll see what's there.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

I might buy a big resin Dinosaur this year. I have always had a fondness for the Stegosaurus. I'll have to see what I can see. I know there is always a nice selection at the show.

I might just trade Eric one of these Gunstar's if I can work out a deal to have a few for that purpose. The D-18 sure looks nice and I always liked the Vulcan Ringship.

Buy resin? Almost never. Trade for it? Hell Yeah!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Also......FOUR weeks today we fly out.

Can't wait. It's going to be fantastic again !!!!

Let's go to that Japanese place again, get the same chef and ALL call him "Steve".....that will freak him out and his mind will warp back exactly one year to the last time we disturbed his night.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki5150 View Post
Also......FOUR weeks today we fly out.

Can't wait. It's going to be fantastic again !!!!

Let's go to that Japanese place again, get the same chef and ALL call him "Steve".....that will freak him out and his mind will warp back exactly one year to the last time we disturbed his night.

I sense a distubance in the force *waves hand* this isn't the Steve you are looking for......

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM
My ass is itchy...

Boy......sure has gotten quiet around the boards lately...

It's almost as if members are crunching to get their models done for Wonderfest....

Just sayin'.....

Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Boy......sure has gotten quiet around the boards lately...

It's almost as if members are crunching to get their models done for Wonderfest....

Just sayin'.....
Yeah. Models done so I can separate you from your hard earned Cubits!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

Gunstar, Gunstar, Gunstar, Gunstar......

Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

Models? I'm too busy for models. Seriously, this may be the first WF I've ever gone to without entering something. I feel... dirty.

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB
Old 05-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

As well you should (ya filthy lizard)!

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 AM
SPACESHIP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan v 2.5 View Post
Models? I'm too busy for models. Seriously, this may be the first WF I've ever gone to without entering something. I feel... dirty.

P@T
I had that happen a few times and it felt wrong. Like I was missing out on a whole part of the fun. I always try to finish something even if it's a quick build of something I cast for a customer just to show off the subject.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan v 2.5 View Post

P@T
Exactly. A week ago, I was resigned not to bring anything as well---having the attitude that if I couldn't bring something good I wouldn't bring anything at all.

Then, a week ago today a friend of Marci's was killed in a car accident. She was 37 and left behind a 2 yr old, a 4yr old, and a Husband. Marci literally talked to her as she was leaving work and 10 minutes later she was gone. (literally)

Fucking brutal.

I took a sober reminder from that---the next time I walk out my door might be the last time. Good or not, I'm building this damned model----gonna have FUN with it, let the judges take a shit on it, and not waste my days NOT enjoying my life.