Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default New Enterprise Revealed - Well guys...HERE SHE IS

Here's the new/old Enterprise from Star Trek 11.

So...What do you fella's think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enterprise579_l.jpg (33.7 KB, 273 views)
Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Well guys...HERE SHE IS

I'm thinking "Man, I hope that's some sort of alternate timeline ship 'cause that's pretty fugly!"

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM

Carson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to behold

Could've been worse. Should've been better.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Dyle View Post
Could've been worse. Should've been better.
Yep, this sums it up for me too without being crass about it.

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Looks like an OLD BUICK?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Looks like an OLD BUICK?
Heh heh - like a Tucker Torpedo!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
Heh heh - like a Tucker Torpedo!

Without the helicopter engine.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Elkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant future

Over the years I never understood WHY these dumb hollywood folks HAVE to always change these things, all they would have to do is use an original Constitution class cruiser with LITTLE differences and that would spark the fan base!!!! of all the ships named Enterprise on the chart where the f--k did this one come from? oh thats right, hollywoods dumb ass!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

I'm not even goint to bother reviewing point by point my dislikes of it upon FIRST viewing.

I do think it has potential to grow upon me and frankly, how it 'portrays itself' in the movie will have a lot to do with if I fully embrace it.

It certainly could have been worse, yet better as already echoed but at least I'm not going to say WTF, OMG what a POS about it? There are things I really like and then there are things I think I will get used to.

I just pray the movie is good, really good.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

They just CAN'T let good enough be good enough, can they.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Carson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to beholdCarson Dyle is a splendid one to behold

It's hard to gauge the relative engine size based on the image provided, so here's a quick & dirty trace of the profile...

Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

well...it looks like they bashed TMP with TOS and added some art deco flair...it will have to grow on me, as of right now its not one of my favorite designs..
Old 11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

I have to agree with most of us here, I don't like it either. To my eye, the thinned-out secondary hull doesn't jive with those bulbous engines and the lengthened connecting dorsal. This kinda looks like a cartoon caricature of the Enterprise in an old Cracked or Mad Magazine. Still, it will be interesting to see it on the big screen.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All
Default New Enterprise Revealed!!!

To be a turd:

http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncate...prise579_l.jpg
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM

pacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with most of what has been already written. The producers were so interested in putting their uber cool and hip stamp on the ship, the actors and what seems like everything else that they have lost track of what made Trek great .. the simplicity. I will not see this film in a theatre.