Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
See what you want

atacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati Godatacpdx Resin Illuminati God
Default New Star Trek Trailer(s) - post links here

Here is a bootleg of the new trailer coming Monday...

http://www.trailerspy.com/trailer/1329/Star-Trek-Trailer
Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: New Star Trek Trailer

looking pretty fucking cool to me.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
-

atemylunch has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Star Trek Trailer

Why do I smell another Nemesis.

Star Trek + off road.

A kid driving a mid 60's Corvette, about that time wouldn't one of those go for a couple of million. Makes no sense to me, oh wait it must on a holodeck.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Digital Painter

tagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of All
Default NEW STAR TREK TRAILER

Just found one with excellent quality. Can be viewed full screen with no problem.

Last edited by tagwashere; 11-14-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

I LOVE IT!!!

I must admit that all fans will need an open mind for this re-do of what we have known for years.... but for me... ALL TREK IS GOOD TREK! I am just happy to have it continue and push my imagination.

It just occurred to me that they are following Kirk's juvenile history. He was a trouble maker as a child and teen.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 11-14-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: New Star Trek Trailer(s) - post links here

So, I went to Quantom of Solace. The lights dimmed, I was on the edge of my seat, sooooo excited. There goes the first trailer, the second, the third, then the god damn film starts. Figures. I go to the ONLY FUCKING THEATER not showing it. I am sooo pissed.

But the movie was great.

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by atemylunch View Post
Why do I smell another Nemesis.

Star Trek + off road.

A kid driving a mid 60's Corvette, about that time wouldn't one of those go for a couple of million. Makes no sense to me, oh wait it must on a holodeck.
I thought Kirk couldn't drive stick...
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

You know... I think they should have let Ben Stiller take a crack at making this Trek.

He'd have called it " Meet The Trekkers " or " Subspace Confusion ". I'd pay to see that!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap...I can't wait to see this in a better quality on Monday...

What I thought was cool...even though some of us like the new design and some of us hate it, in the trailer, she had the classic front silhouette and you knew exactly what ship it was...it was the Enterprise.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of

Hmmm.... from the trailer, it looks like they just about copied the re-imagined BSG formula- replacing the BSG ships with ST ships and replacing Cylons with Romulans. I hope I'm wrong 'cause I am going to see the movie when it comes out.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Goldmember

I'm not much a fan of 'symbolism' over substance.

I calls em as I see em. The Pre-Fit... being built on the ground. In Iowa. Ok.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Goldmember

And where the hell is Affleck? Where's Matt Damon?

" The Sum Of All Sneers "

" The Borrowed ( Bored ) Identity "
Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future

I've been informed that the alternate timeline story was a bunch bull cooked up by some magazine, and that this movie is a total reboot, with all canon events and facts thrown out, and only the general characters remaining the same. ALL of Kirk's old crew now serving under Pike, a direct violation of "The Cage," a look that violates all that we knew, etc. I'm not going to see this piece of shit reboot at all, and I refuse to consider JJ's destruction of Trek as the real "Star Trek" in any way shape or form. I was once behind this movie, and now I'm 100% against it and I hope it bombs in the theater like no movie has bombed before.:ma d:
Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

One of the largest Trek problems is the fan base. The fans who don't like what they see tend to ruin the whole thing for those who do. And this has happened to everyone who has called themselves a Trek fan at one time or another. With each series or movie. We will never agree what is to be Trek because it is NOT our own visions of what we each think it should be. So... just let it be and enjoy what you can.

While I am always pleased to see freedom of thought in motion... I say... if you have a better way of doing it... then do it and stop bitching.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Goldmember

I hear you Kurt.

I'll still see the film, but I reserve the right to dislike it or like it based on its own merits. So far, I'm not liking what I see. Too many apparent 'throw away' gags. Like that corvette. Kirk's 'Rebel Without A Clue' Teen Angst. The Enterprise being built in an Iowa cornfield on stilts... 'Field of Beams'. " If you build it, they will come ". Not necessarily.