Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Angry The end of Batman

I didn't know where to put this - but WTF!!!!!??????

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1982939.ece

There is some shit that shouldn't be fucked with!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The end of Batman

I wouldn't worry too much Drew. There will always be a Batman storyline that will make up for any mistakes they may make. These superheros will never truly die.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
I wouldn't worry too much Drew. There will always be a Batman storyline that will make up for any mistakes they may make. These superheros will never truly die.
Yeah. Look at the outrage that happened with Superman's death. I seriously doubt that DCs number two hero is going by the wayside.

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Digital Painter

tagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of All

The interesting thing about this is that dc has cancelled the peripheral Batman related books in which Nightwing (original Robin), Robin and Birds Of Prey have their own monthly ongoing series. Sales is the number one motivator for a decision such as this. It makes sense that DC Comics would want to pull these characters and their readers in to the storyline happening in the main Batman titles.

Dan Didio, the Editor in chief of DC, stated that they wanted to pull these characters back into the main batman books. For the most part, these are huge properties for DC and this is all part of a larger storyline that is affecting all of the DC characters. I would not be surprised if DC relaunches these books once this story line concludes.

Killing off superheroes is not a new thing, Superman, Flash, Robin (the 2nd one) Green Arrow, and most recently Captain America (to name a few) has always been a great way to drum up sales and in the end, these heroes all some how made it back to the living with the exception of Cap (so far). These editors already know where these characters and storylines will be a year from now or more. Its main function is to refresh the brand and bring in new readers, and it almost always works.

Dc knows that they have a cash cow with the Bruce Wayne/Batman formula. They may dip their toes in the pool from time to time to shake things up, but thats usually about as far as it goes.

Bruce Wayne will be back as Batman, because he IS Batman. You can be damn sure that this whole story line is resolved over the next year or two and that Bruce Wayne will be found alive by the time the next Batman movie is released.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Red face Re: The end of Batman

Well, usually I'm all for having a go at something different, but Bruce Wayne is Bat man as far as I'm concerned!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Digital Painter

tagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Well, usually I'm all for having a go at something different, but Bruce Wayne is Bat man as far as I'm concerned!
Most people are, but in cases like this, only for a certain amount of time. I am sure that DC has focus groups and statistical data on how long they can milk the story before the readers start trending down.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Mare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to behold

The SUN is a tits and arse paper divided in roughly equal measure between football (sorry, soccer), political sleaze and female naughty bits. Under no circumstances take it at face value or confuse the items as works of serious journalistic endeavour.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

The story is also posted on CNN and the link is to the DC Comics homepage. The story is legitimate. I have no real attachment to Bruce Wayne as Batman, and am interested to see how they play out the story arc. I can see either Grayson or Drake assuming The Dark Knight's identity - with some interesting twists based on their personalities. Even if Bruce does come back later on, as these major characters seem to do, I won't be any less of a fan...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 11-29-2008, 09:35 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Crisium View Post
The SUN is a tits and arse paper divided in roughly equal measure between football (sorry, soccer), political sleaze and female naughty bits. Under no circumstances take it at face value or confuse the items as works of serious journalistic endeavour.
BLIMEY!!! They've heard of Grant Morrison!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:37 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

^ And no where in the article does it mention who Batman's been, er, seeing...
Old 11-29-2008, 09:43 AM

I think I heard about this story arc a few months ago. But like many say, it already happened to Superman and so on...
Also find it interesting that they mention Dick Grayson as replacement as he was killed off too, so... doubt very much Bruce is a gonner. I'm sure he'll just die for a bit and then get better.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
I think I heard about this story arc a few months ago. But like many say, it already happened to Superman and so on...
Also find it interesting that they mention Dick Grayson as replacement as he was killed off too, so... doubt very much Bruce is a gonner. I'm sure he'll just die for a bit and then get better.
... speaking of that, I thought the graphic novel covering the Death of Robin was pretty good - though a lot of fans were on the fence with the character ...

Edit: better make it clear that I meant A Death in the Family - the death of Jason Todd as the second Robin, at the hands of the Joker...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

Last edited by Gunnie; 11-29-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: for clarity
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 AM

^ Hey, you're absolutely right Gunnie. I thought that DITF was about Dick Grayson, I never realized the Robin in question was Jason Todd. (I thought all that stuff came after DITF). My bad.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

No problem Sir! I really didn't despise the character Jason Todd like the majority of Batman fans seemed to. I really found it compelling for DC to actually allow fans to vote on the character's fate. An interesting experiment. It would be really interesting to see Nightwing (Dick Grayson) as Batman. Would he be any different as the Dark Knight? Or, would he be Nightwing?

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios

Old 11-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Digital Painter

I think that grayson as batman would be very much as he is today as nightwing, he is certainly more of an extrovert and a bit more on the compassionate side.

For the past year or so, Drake has really come into his own, it has mentioned numerous times that Drake is a true detective at heart, which would make him an interesting choice to take on the mantle for a while.

Damian, who is Bruce's son is also in the running but he is too young and too insane.