Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Just watched The Dark Knight. Whats the big deal about Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I thought the ending (?) of Two-Face disappointing too - I don't know if they're trying to leave the door open for Harvey to come back, or ran outta steam at the end and just wrapped it up that way...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future
Default Re: Just watched The Dark Knight. Whats the big deal about Heath Ledger as the Joker.

According to the writers and the director, 2 Face is dead at at the end of the movie. The ending is a duality paradox if I remember the article properly. There will probably be a sequel, but according to the director Chris Nolan, and his brother who wrote the story, no one has yet been approached by the studio to do a sequel, and Nolan would like to wait 3 or 4 years in any event before bringing one out.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Dang, three to four years waiting huh?

All we'll hear about over that time is; who'll play Catwoman; will DC ever get the Justice League movie up and going; will they redo The Hulk again...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
I often have discussions with Scott (captain cardboard) on the differences of individual entertainment values.
That is a conversation I would love to get into. If you wanna, start it it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
One last comment, Mr. Bale's Batman, get some NyQuil, whats with that voice!!!
My wife brought that up when we watched it over the weekend. My belief is this; I have a great ear for voices. I can, for the most part, pick out the celebrity voices when they do commercials or voice overs. It stands to reason that I am not the only one that can do this, fictional or otherwise. As Bruce Wayne is rather affluent and well known and he mixes with the same people as both Wayne and Batman, he'd wanna throw his voice off a bit. Just my theory.

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior
Old 12-15-2008, 10:14 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

^The voice:- It's not so much that, Bale's voice just sounds strangulated by the mask you would've thought they would have overdubbed it to sound smoother and clearer cuz half the time I couldn't understand what he was saying.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:18 AM

Szyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really niceSzyntax is just really nice

I have to side with the "not so much" crowd here. I really liked the movie and think it was very good (not as good as Begins) but i really don't see all the hoopla over HLs Joker, especially when people claim he's the best movie villan ever. He struck me as pretty bland actually.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

I watched the movie again this afternoon - and like The Joker even more than before. I like Bale's Batman a little more this time around, but not Rachel Dawes - not even a little bit...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios

Old 12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
I like Bale's Batman a little more this time around, but not Rachel Dawes - not even a little bit...
Same here. It was almost as if her character was an afterthought in the writers' minds.

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

I watched the movie again, and still don't see what you guys saw. I just don't see anything special about what Legder did.

Mark