Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-22-2012, 06:30 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter

Howdo folks and folkettes!
Right then, made the hand off on the Viper and all was most spledid there with a well happy client.
And then he handed me the next project in several boxes and the title says it all.

It's a sort of time and effort saver build and sort of not. It's all on the opening page but in brief, lotsa parts (some used, some newish, some VERY shiny) and most of the brass cage and spine work with only the frame for the engine section absent so that will be made by yours truly.

Some of the bits seem like they were taken from a completed one or something but like I said, all on the site page so here ya go...
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip44eagle.html

The brasswork is going to take a bit of bringing up to snuff and there's a fair few bits that will be scrapped/replaced/reworked and so on.
Not an immediate starter as there's the Pegasus to finish and some other bits to take care of but it's firmly in the zen modeling dept. before the parts get fed through the Raytheon 3000 FML* Machine tm

*Fuck My Luck

So some parts pics...

Much paint stripping, rebuilding, reflow soldering, filling, mallet whacking and teeth gnashing to come folks!

Go easy out there all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imag8200.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 10-15-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter

Fucking Hell ian............... This really is a kecks down moment mate.

Keep those shots coming.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Oh damn, this is a super-grail project for me. Can't wait to see how you work your magic on this one Ian! Damn I'm jealous!

Mike
Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

WOOOOOOOOODIEEEEE!!!

At least you're not going to have to scratch the whole spine and cages!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:54 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

So NOW you're doing metalwork as well!

Cool as hell!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

The maim gun tracks, D shackles and searchlight guard on my big APC build were supplied by ILM, so yeah, he's a deft hand at the metalwork too.

Ian, is that an AB Eagle kit? Landing gear by DX? I soooo want to build one of these.

Mike
Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki5150 View Post
Fucking Hell ian............... This really is a kecks down moment mate.

Keep those shots coming.
And then some Chris! Will do on the pics fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
WOOOOOOOOODIEEEEE!!!

At least you're not going to have to scratch the whole spine and cages!
This time around thankfully not but I do have two more of these to build over the next year or so, they will need the full metalwork deal but at least I have some small experience in that.
From the wayback of 1995...

And that bastard was a complete scratch from the ground up, still the next ones will be slightly more accurate with all the info floating about now that I didn't have 17 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
So NOW you're doing metalwork as well!

Cool as hell!
Yeppers and there's more to come for this build as it's lacking the rear frame set up for the tanks and engine bells.
Which will be a giggle
I'll be using the current stuff I got for this to make up as fresh set of jigs for the cage and spinework so it's all good so far my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
The maim gun tracks, D shackles and searchlight guard on my big APC build were supplied by ILM, so yeah, he's a deft hand at the metalwork too.

Ian, is that an AB Eagle kit? Landing gear by DX? I soooo want to build one of these.

Mike
Mike old bean, I thank ya!
I think some of the parts are from the old AB 44"er The CM, pod and side gear pods may well be. I think the landing gear is DX's stuff and premium gear it is to be certain.

Once i've cleared up the less than stellar soldering on the brasswork, it shouldn't be that much of a grind...I hope but we'll see.

Oddly enough as a bit of a warm up if you will, he also gave me his 23" PE Eagle to sort out. Nothing too indepth though. This is the beastie...

I think you can see the front end is the problem here.

Short story appears the be the front section was not assembled correctly at the factory and the spine is just glued on with these things anyway.
A bit of deft bladework got the spine off in one piece and the front section was...persuaded to come away from the rest of it.

So spine currently being straightened out, front end will get re-attached, spine back in place and Robert's ya fathers brother

More on this main monstrosity as we go along.
Go easy out there all!
Does that count?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:55 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Hey Ian. I have a PE Lab pod that's damaged too !!! That had some spine issues with some of them and they were for sale last year at IPMS Telford......for a 100 !!!!!! Bought them all.

Here's a sad case I am working on, off topic guys, sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005 [800x600].JPG (105.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 AM

Boonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to behold

I'm with Suki - this is deffo a ' did someone light a fire near my arse or have I just shat em? ' moment At least it's you sorting this puppy out and not some fuckwit like me lol! If this turns out as good as the 1995 one you did, then it'll be the mutts nuts. Break out the mini solder torch and let the madness begin!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Oh hardly of topic Chris, it's Eagle shaped so that's close enough for me my friend, nay apologies required
What where these 23" ones when they first came out, more than a couple of hundred quid if I recall correctly?

Even at a hundered, i've would've had to have thought long and fuckin' hard about coughing up for one but when it's the only game in town, them's the breaks I s'pose. Some days it makes me glad i'm not a collector of this kind of thing

No worries though, you'll sort out the damage and she'll look well sweet by the time ya done fella!

Boon, I don't know if it will look as good, it'll be more accurate in places that I can say for sure. That old beast is not quite on the nail in more than a few places but best I could do in the way back when.
Amazing the sort of shit you can pull off with a dose of bloodymindedness and a few colour photos is it not?

Well the baby Eagle is sorted as of this lovely and pissing down with rain Enlgish Sunday morning...

And the bent bits ain't that bent nay more!

Now that's sorted, onward with the main show...
At some time in the near furture.
Take care of yaselves out there gang!
Does that count?
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM
suki5150

Job done Ian.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 PM

jockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of light

Super nice work.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

Hey Ian, shoot me a PM on the cost of a set of cages and spine will ya? And yes, I know they aren't.anything close to cheap! 100-odd feet of brass IIRC...

Mike
Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Ok, I'm subscribed!

Knock it outta the park Ian.

Rob.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM

xwingjock is a jewel in the roughxwingjock is a jewel in the roughxwingjock is a jewel in the roughxwingjock is a jewel in the roughxwingjock is a jewel in the roughxwingjock is a jewel in the rough

Wow, all those parts from all those diferent places, and an almost complete frame, sounds like fun!! Had to do a part build of three of the wee beasties a while back, so I'll look forward to seeing this one come together. Keep up the good work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle frames complete 040.jpg (527.4 KB, 67 views)