Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-12-2020, 05:44 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

FFS! So I got an email back on January 14 announcing the shipment of issues 94, 97, 98 and 99 - missing 95 & 96 along with the already-missing 75, 76 & 77. Today, I just received another shipping email saying they were sending 106, 107, 108 & 109 - missing 100-105! WTF is wrong with those idiots?! This has gone from bad to worse real quick and I'm not sure what to do about it. Emailing and calling doesn't seem to work. I was planning on filling that 3-issue hole in a few months using eBay, but now that that number of missing issues is up to 11, I'm kind of beside myself now.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 02-12-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:48 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Small update: I called Eaglemoss customer service (they're different from Eaglemoss corporate, apparently) and they claimed that issues 102-105 are scheduled to be released on February 28. No ETA on the other older ones that are also missing (75-76, 95, 96, 100, 101), which are more critical to the build. I've asked someone higher-up to call me back from corporate, but I don't expect that will ever actually happen. Really damned frustrating, this.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:57 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
Small update: I called Eaglemoss customer service (they're different from Eaglemoss corporate, apparently) and they claimed that issues 102-105 are scheduled to be released on February 28. No ETA on the other older ones that are also missing (75-76, 95, 96, 100, 101), which are more critical to the build. I've asked someone higher-up to call me back from corporate, but I don't expect that will ever actually happen. Really damned frustrating, this.
Yeh, I'm really hearing you now!
Here's what I'm now missing:
Issues: 75, 76, 77, 86, 87, 92, 93, 98, 99, 103, 106, 108, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116
They've sent me 117 - 120 but I really don't have any of the necessary issues to put most these together with. Here's the message, in part, that they sent me....

Dear Collector,

"As far as products coming from our manufacturing partners overseas, we anticipate moderate delays as a result of production gradually ramping down after recent closures and potential delays in U.S. Customs clearance.

Our customer service lines and corporate functions remain fully operational to support online store and subscription sign-up sites. We will keep you informed of any delays and changes that may impact your orders.

At this time of great change and challenge, we remain grateful for valued customers and look forward to continuing the pursuit of the passion for collecting that drives us all.

Customer Support Team"

I understand the C-19 situation, but the missing issues were a problem way before the crisis took hold and as you said you really can't get anywhere with customer service.
Anyway, I may not post anything concerning this build for quite a while. I hope you and everyone that posts here on this website stays safe. Take care and best wishes to all.
Mark
Old 04-11-2020, 12:04 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

I’ve recently been wondering if China has been hit with C-19 for a lot longer than they ever let on to the world. They are very secretive... not North Korea secretive, mind you... but they strongly control the information that comes out of their borders. It would explain possible shipping interruptions that began in earnest late last year.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:55 AM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Iíve recently been wondering if China has been hit with C-19 for a lot longer than they ever let on to the world. They are very secretive... not North Korea secretive, mind you... but they strongly control the information that comes out of their borders. It would explain possible shipping interruptions that began in earnest late last year.
I don't know about any of that... but I do know that I don't like what is going on now. I just received my invoice for what's coming now.... Get this: Issues 132, 145, 146, 147 are on their way. These are deluxe extended issues to build the railroad track version of the DeLorean from BTTF:III. I'm going to be sending these back. All I wanted was the DeLorean Version from the First movie. Time to get back on the phone with these guys... Are they sending you these same Issues? Ö and do you want them?
Mark
Old 04-16-2020, 10:23 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

Haven’t seen them yet. I’m still in the 120’s. I might get them, as I signed up for all extras. I got the BTTF3 white-walled wheels a couple of years back, so it’s likely.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:47 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

So here is my latest list of MIA issues. It's a hot mess right now...
  • 75 - 77
  • 95 - 96
  • 100 - 105
  • 114 - 120
  • 125 - 144
....For a total loss of 38 issues.

The last batch I got was 145 - 148 last week (HUGE missing block of 20 issues here between 125 and 144), and if they're ending at 159 (at last count), there are only 11 issues remaining in the series (not including extras) before they really need to start back-filling older issues. Initially, I was planning on doing my own back-filling through eBay, but that was when I was only missing 3 or 5 issues. Now that there are 38, that plan is thoroughly untenable. I have stopped building back in the low 80's, as there are too many missing perquisite assemblies now.

Still don't have the BTTF III Train Track special yet, but I forgot to mention that about a year ago I did receive the mirrored display case bottom for when it's all done. I'm assuming there will be some kind of plexi box covering for it eventually, but I haven't seen that one yet.

At this point, I think the best we can do is sit and wait. This has become quite the little dumpster fire.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 05-05-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
So here is my latest list of MIA issues. It's a hot mess right now...
  • 75 - 77
  • 95 - 96
  • 100 - 105
  • 114 - 120
  • 125 - 144
....For a total loss of 38 issues.

The last batch I got was 145 - 148 last week (HUGE missing block of 20 issues here between 125 and 144), and if they're ending at 159 (at last count), there are only 11 issues remaining in the series (not including extras) before they really need to start back-filling older issues. Initially, I was planning on doing my own back-filling through eBay, but that was when I was only missing 3 or 5 issues. Now that there are 38, that plan is thoroughly untenable. I have stopped building back in the low 80's, as there are too many missing perquisite assemblies now.

Still don't have the BTTF III Train Track special yet, but I forgot to mention that about a year ago I did receive the mirrored display case bottom for when it's all done. I'm assuming there will be some kind of plexi box covering for it eventually, but I haven't seen that one yet.

At this point, I think the best we can do is sit and wait. This has become quite the little dumpster fire.
I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm just going to wait it out for now and see what I get in the future. I'm missing a lot of the essential pieces as well. But if they ever come, I'll have a lot of catch-up work to do, which is okay with me. Sometimes doing 4 issues at a time is just not enough. I too have the display stand, but I've never seen anything from Eaglemoss indicating there will be a plexi-cover. I did find a site that does model-modz for this build, and I've already upgraded several of the parts for my build.
Here's the link: https://modelmodz.com/Delorean-1-8-Scale-Mods-c32314213
They've added a lot of extras since I've lasted visited. At least check it out. There might be something you might want to get from them. I'm hoping that they'll add a 1/8 scale Marty and Doc...

The new issues should be posting soon. I'll let ya know what they're going to upset me... er I mean send me for this next month. Maybe I'll actually be able to build on something. We'll see.
Mark.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

So I finally received an email from Eaglemoss saying I will soon be getting 75, 76, 77 and 95 - the first four missing issues. This is a good sign, but I fear things will soon actually get worse as we get close to the end of the line. I also got this email from Eaglemoss which does not bode well for this and other collection lines:
Quote:
Thank you for being one of our subscribers. We hope our collectibles have been a welcome distraction in the recent weeks; while you stay safe and indoors at this time, you can collect and build at home with us.

We are currently operating with little to no delays. Unfortunately, we anticipate longer production times over the coming months as our international supply chain is impacted by the pandemic. This may affect the availability of items in your collection later this year.

We want to ensure our existing subscribers can progress further along into their collection or build-up before our inventory is impacted. In order to make this happen, we will be sending your next few shipments a bit early. We hope this will make up for any possible delays caused by longer delivery times or unavailable items in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please make sure to reach out to our customer service team. They are available by phone at 1-800-261-6898 24/7, or by email at customerservice@eaglemoss.com

Sincerely,
Eaglemoss Collections

Important note: If you previously requested a change of frequency to your shipments, you will NOT be affected by this initiative.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:10 AM

Quote:
So I finally received an email from Eaglemoss saying I will soon be getting 75, 76, 77 and 95 - the first four missing issues. This is a good sign, but I fear things will soon actually get worse as we get close to the end of the line. I also got this email from Eaglemoss which does not bode well for this and other collection lines:
I just received an email as well, saying that my issues 75, 76, 77, and 86
are being processed. Money has been taken out of my acct., but so far no tracking info. My last Nasty-gram to them I headlined it to Robert Watkins. It was the only name I could find so I used it. I thought that by having some one to look at my query directly would inspire some reaction. Although I never received any acknowledgement, they did send me the "Issue processing" notice. Haven't heard anything from them about the delays, though. The thing is, I still haven't received what they said would be shipped as of yet. We'll see.
Mark

Last edited by NemVia; 05-29-2020 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:39 AM

I received the above stated issues on Monday. Now I have all of the outside panels and the T-Top piece. Issue 86 is the interior roof part. I just need Issue 87 now to complete the detailing of that. Hopefully that will come next shipment. If I also get 92, 93 and 98, I will have a lot to keep me busy for a while. I can only hope.
Mark
Old 06-05-2020, 05:19 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

Cooking with gas today, built all the way up to 95! The connection of the two halves was harrowing but generally uneventful. This model is super heavy once it’s all put together. Sadly, headlights and taillights are non-functional after some brief flickering. A wire likely got pinched somewhere between metal bits and developed a short. Everything else seems to work, though. I was afraid that there might be a wiring problem, but I guess I’m glad it isn’t worse.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:46 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

96, 100, 101 and 102 on their way! Nice to see they're finally getting some of these massive holes caught up. I fear it will be short lived but, for the time being, I'm powering on until the stream runs out.