Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:15 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A Sow's Ear- WIP

^
Wombie,
Well so far it's been alot of fun! Now I am suddenly thinking that I need my glasses prescription redone and step up to the next magnifier on the optivisors but otherwise it's kinda cool that there are so few parts involved! So I'm having fun but yeah, I'll change scales soon. I'm thinking 1/400th, what do ya say?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

^
Now ya talking dude 1/400,that be much easier to work with!!
Damn,ya saying ya glases are no good,we'd never have known by that sort of work buddy!
Looking forward to seeing how ya paint goes dude,will ya brush or spray it?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
I'm thinking 1/400th, what do ya say?
Do a 1/720th and I'll be impressed!!
Just kidding...Looks great Don!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

^ 1/720th? What, and be as crazy as you on that Russian carrier? HellNo!

Which brings me back to Wombat's question- in 1/350th there's still enough plastic in question to airbrush and even mask between the colors and that's what i plan to do. There's a distinctive edge on the extended ailerons painted red and in this case that area is brass. Where I might normally mask it and airbrush it I think I'll look at using red decal trim cut to shape because I wouldn't want my paint lifting with the masking off of the brass. The rest is just two tone white and grey then decals.

Since I normally work with WWII warbirds let me throw this question out. During the 70s and early 80s when that "high visibility scheme' was still in effect-
What shade of grey was used? Maybe light gull grey, dark gull over white undersides?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

FS16440 Light Gull Gray with White underneath and tops of the Control Surfaces. Red on the insides of the flaps and slats, and White gear bays. Gear doors are White with Red outlines.

My favorite color schemes for Navy jets!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
FS16440 Light Gull Gray with White underneath and tops of the Control Surfaces. Red on the insides of the flaps and slats, and White gear bays. Gear doors are White with Red outlines.

My favorite color schemes for Navy jets!
Great! Thanks for verifying all that!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Well what more can i say that has'nt been said already ,Don you are the master i don't think there anything you can't build.

Outstanding job!!!

Mark.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:08 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Found some more PE detail parts from Tom's Modelwerks so I added the front landing gear bay doors which include one with a lil hole to represent the landing light! That's about as far as this one is going so it's off to paint sometime soon!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:56 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Every hole needs something in it.

Run a fiber-optic line and make that landing light work...........
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Every hole needs something in it.

Run a fiber-optic line and make that landing light work...........

Hahahahaha, Ya know, in this scale a FO line wouldn't even be hideable to go down to the base and a power source! At least not any FO I have here? So no, my freind, request denied!

Daytona,
You are too kind but I thank yee!

Well, after my paint debacle with the submarine, I went out and got all new fresh paints for this one. Even though the sub paint was new too? Anyways, I'll be trying again? Might make the 'paintshop' later tonite? I even bought some lacquer for at least the white to speed up the two toning and then some lil itty bitty decals and it's on it's way!

Actually in hindisght Cat- if I had planned ahead I could have used the PE brass landing gear as 'conduits' for power leads but that would still mean hiding a grain of wheat or LED inside the plane and frankly- I'm not sure that there is room? Or, I might have dusguised a FO strand as the main strut of the front gear say, but that would have made this stationary to a base too? A great idea but it wasn't my intent and I obviously didn't plan for it? Maybe another time complete with landing, nav lights and such? I'm thinking that would be a real CHALLENGE. Meh, I'm not in the mood.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Armed with fresh paints, a dry warm night and better luck than before I got to the painting! First the undersides and lower sides received white lacquer. Almost immediately followed by enamel Gull gray. Shortly after some radome tan on the snout and then some black near the canopy outline. An .025 mech pen outlined the canopy and some black upon the tires with grey to the hubs and gear. The basic colors are on while a lil trim cleanup is in order. Next will be application of decals and the a sealer. Seems to be coming along and I was happy to get four colors on within as many hours.
Here it is so far-

Comments, critique and a feedbag are always welcome!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
An .025 mech pen

????????

Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
????????

Um, probably wrong term- an .25 'Mars professional Technical Drawing Pen Set' by Staedtler? And at that the lines were too thick? How the hell Ya supposed to do the canopy painting anyways? I really would like to know? Oh, and all that was after shaving the canopy down to more than half it's original thickness and then repolishing it? That was actually a royal PITA.

But, what did you think?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:

But, what did you think?
That you used one of these???

Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
That you used one of these???

Naw, something about the monkey wriggling with glee as the pen jostled about just kind of put me off to the whole prospect?