Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350th A6E Intruder, Finished

Bloody hell, you Americans have big coins. Are they the size of hubcaps?

That is amazing, Don. Phil was over at my place today and told me about this little model of yours as I don't venture into the Military forum very often. I think this little plane is frackin' incredible! Man, you must have steady hands!

I did receive your hello to from Phil. Hello right back at 'ya!

Mike, Oz
Old 08-24-2008, 05:13 PM

pacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of lightpacal is a glorious beacon of light

Absolutely great build. The only critique I have is weather it a little. A very fine needle tip brush with an a light grey steaks would add a realistic few whisps of weathering.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

^ Not at this scale. I think the only 'weathering' which should be applied is some subtle shading effects in places like the intakes, exhausts and gear bays and a very slight wash on the wheels.

At this scale, it's the same as looking at the aircraft from 4 or 500 feet away.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Tail code 'A J' is CVW-8. Is this a Nimitz bird pre-1987?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Thank you, one and all.

Pacal, I did think of weathering it and then I thought about things like the oversize panel lines which I guess are a concession to scale. To my way of thinking, there's quite alot then that is a concession to scale and I even toyed with the idea of priming the kit first, to somewhat fill in the panel lines but in the end I think OOT nailed my viewpoint. Once you consider scale and even from where the planes will eventually be viewed from, I think it's "passable" although I don't argue it could use a lil "something more" such as OOT suggested. Besides, I could load it up with the 'kitchen sink' and frankly, my photography "skills" would never show what I did?

Please, this was not a excuse nor rebuke of critique- I am merely trying to share my thoughts on why I did what I did. Thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Un-bee-freaking-leevable Duck!!!!

I love it!!!

Do you take requests??? Have you seen the AM interiors they make for 1/350 B-25s???? hehehehe!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

I thought this was a joke when I started reading it

Awesome! I need a magnifier to see it, but it looks great!
I like the choice of markings. My dad did maintenance in that
squadron, he has the panther tattooed on his arm.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:02 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn1 View Post
I thought this was a joke when I started reading it

Awesome! I need a magnifier to see it, but it looks great!
I like the choice of markings. My dad did maintenance in that
squadron, he has the panther tattooed on his arm.

It was meant to mislead and hopefully amuse. Very cool with your Dad though!

And CAT- thank you sir!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:43 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

As always,an excellent display of the modeler's craft
Lord Duck.

How soon can we expect the rest of the air-wing to show up?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

WWI U-Booter!

I thank you for the kind words my friend. It was fun and that's what I always strive for. When it's fun even if 'challenging' it's always worth it!

Oh, the CAG reports he requested the airwing to depart the home NAS and come shipboard but there are no planes on the horizon? WTF?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

I recommend displaying it under a LARGE magnifying glass!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
I recommend displaying it under a LARGE magnifying glass!

Maybe a lil "snowglobe" with an optical magnifying effect? I know it's my own build, but this lil bird makes me smile!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

Brilliant! Now how many more do you have to do for a full carrier wing?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blappy View Post
Brilliant! Now how many more do you have to do for a full carrier wing?

Appx. NINETY! But near half of them will be hangar queens and not quite as detailed.

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:27 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Hangar queens.... That'd be a good use for the Tamiya a/c.....