Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future
Default Battlestar Pandora

Battlestar Pandora, built from the Bad Azz kit.

Paints:
- Tamiya Sky Grey over individually painted blue, yellow, silver, and gunmetal panels to create the random panel effect.
- Small details picked out with Tamiya Aluminum and various Vallejo metallics. Its hard to see under the black wash, but its all there.
- Blue details are ATSF and Conrail Blue, from the Pollyscale line.

CAD parts, designed by me and printed by Shapeways:
- Nose probe.
- Raptor bays.
- Engine midsection parts.
- Box missile launchers.
- Pandora main battery turrets.
- Pandora name plates.

The rubber bands on the engines are just holding them in place while the glue dries. She might get a small dull coat over the phoenix symbol, which I took from a Moebius kit, since it looks too shiny. Iíll check in it in the sunlight tomorrow morning to see.

Most of my battlestars get red or yellow trim colors, as everyone does the traditional red and I like being different. In my twisted universe, the colors indicate which fleet each ship is from.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The whole gallery is here: http://s231.photobucket.com/user/apt...?sort=4&page=1

Thanks for looking!

Bob
Old 11-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Battlestar Pandora

Nice! She looks like she'd be a real beyotch in battle. The blue looks pretty darned good! What color is that?

I'm also sort of surprised you didn't add a few guns to her dorsal and ventral surfaces.

Great work! Glad my combined TOS and TNS Fleets don't have to come relieve you of your command!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Beautiful build!

Chris
Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Any updated pics?

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Cruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the roughCruzinbill is a jewel in the rough

I like the idea of a different color for different fleets. It is kind of a StarWars type thing I always liked where they had different colors for different squadrons.

Looks pretty sweet overall tho
Last Completed:
69 Camaro Z28- Just a box stock build
Moebius Viper MK II build v1.0

On the bench:
Moebius Cylon Raider build v1.0- gonna test some things out like I did with the Viper before moving on to the real build

About to start on:
Revell 69 Dodge Charger- Prolly gonna have some fun with it since the kit got damaged.

Kits I'm trying to get soon:
AMT StarWars Snow Speeder
StarWars Slave 1