Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
By Your Command

GoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the rough
Cool Paying homage to De Santo / Singer, and Guastini and the Cylon

The failed 2001 Galactica revival brought out some real great concept work, and some real props, that just never had the chance to make it on screen. Some of these great ideas have only been seen by a few people, but I wanted to have something like what I saw. So with the praise of Vincent Guastini I went about to make my version of his work. This is the Guastini concept Cylon. With limited photos to work from, and using some of my imagination I spent 32 hours, and 20 lbs of clay sculpting this out. I have about 3 to 8 hours to go to detail out the bust, and rework the mouth grill area, but over all the main form is finished. I might try something else in the back right corner, but over all this is what I have completed so far.
Input is welcome.

Go to link below to see more photos, and full sized images.
Thanks Dale
http://byyourcommand.net/photogaller...Singer?page=13
Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
By Your Command

GoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the rough

Ok I made the mold for the helmet, and this being my first major mold. I have made a couple of small simple things in the past. Let me say SMALL like 3-4 oz in size, while this is like moving from a tricycle into the Indy 500 type of jump, so with that said here in my first casting of the helmet. It is an extreme mix of materials ranging from 2 part resin, Bondo, Fiber glass, and fix of those combined chemicals. Yes I mixed Bondo, and fiber glass, and tried every variation I could think of, and also just a straight mix of the chemicals into the mold. I was trying for a liquid slush flow to fill in the entire mold. Since my hard cast on the outside of the silicon mold didn't come out correct I used two separate casting, and supported the mold via part of the hard outside shell, and expanding foam. I am pleased how that worked out, most of the mold stayed true to form. A minor area not really visible in the photo didn't have the best results, but 30 minutes of clean up, and Bondo will fix it.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

That's looking very cool GC. Also looks very "Transformers" too. Excellent.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
By Your Command

Thanks 777
Below is the original concept art I am working from. Dave Lowe is the artist on this.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

^^ That is very neat. It reminds me of a cobra - quite befitting of a cylon (they were reptilian in TOS, if I recall).
Old 05-08-2008, 04:09 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

This is great GoldCylon. WTG for making it happen.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
By Your Command

Thanks Rider. I did some work today, and it took much more time than I thought it would, but I place to two shells together, and worked on the Mohawk section. I just gave it a primer, and see a few tiny defects I need to go back and touch it up.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
By Your Command

I posted a progress video of what I have done to date. I have a lot more to go, but it shows off the start to current build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hs8EKdQ0I
Old 06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
By Your Command

This project is mostly finished up now, but with some minor detail to be left alone so Dave Lowe can give it a battle damaged finish look to it.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I'm firmly in 'The Cylons Should Be Scary' club!

Creepy. Just as they should be.