Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 AM
HÆSTKUK

Star Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant futureStar Wars Scratchbuilder has a brilliant future
Default Re: eFX McQuarrie VADER Helmet at Comic Con

It says on the website that Allocation of supply restricts orders accepted from the USA until April 2008

http://www.sdsprops.com/home.html
Old 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM

jkushwara New face in the crowd

Bump

Finally got registered so I could add a response to this thread and thank everyone for all the great feedback !! I chanced across resin illuminati a few months ago and love this site. You guys rock - the amount of traditional modelmaking talent here is fantastic. I was trained old school and was a bench sculptor/ modelmaker before going digital , so finding this place amidst the slew of CGI focused sites out there was a joy.

Doing the digital master model for this helmet was a dream project, something I always wanted to do. Working closely with Bryan , Barry and the rest of the FX crew we set out to not only stay true to Ralph McQuarrie's original concept art but make what I always thought of as an "iconic" Vader. When I heard how much Mr. McQuarrie loved the prototype it was definitely a career high !

Thanks again and glad to be here :-D
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

^ Welcome and glad you decided to sign up. looking forward to seeing more!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkushwara View Post
Bump

Finally got registered so I could add a response to this thread and thank everyone for all the great feedback !! I chanced across resin illuminati a few months ago and love this site. You guys rock - the amount of traditional modelmaking talent here is fantastic. I was trained old school and was a bench sculptor/ modelmaker before going digital , so finding this place amidst the slew of CGI focused sites out there was a joy.

Doing the digital master model for this helmet was a dream project, something I always wanted to do. Working closely with Bryan , Barry and the rest of the FX crew we set out to not only stay true to Ralph McQuarrie's original concept art but make what I always thought of as an "iconic" Vader. When I heard how much Mr. McQuarrie loved the prototype it was definitely a career high !

Thanks again and glad to be here :-D
Welcome to the Family Jay! I can't wait to see more of your work my friend!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks Kurt ! With all the inspiration around here that should be soon
Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Zombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really nice

I was so lookin forward to getting one of these and expected an email from EFX about the preorder but looks like i missed it. Anyone else get an email or notice it was going on preorder ? Must have sold out quick. Bummer....
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Zombie Killer - no preorder yet. From what I know it's not going to go on sale for at least a few months.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:19 PM

Zombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really niceZombie Killer is just really nice

Quote:
Zombie Killer - no preorder yet. From what I know it's not going to go on sale for at least a few months.
I wonder why it shows as sold out on their website when it used to say coming soon.
Thanks for the info.

Edit, never mind ,they removed the sold out and the helmet from the site.
Glen
Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM

Glen - no problem ! I'm keeping an eye on this myself I just rechecked the site and don't get any sold out notices on any of the material posted on the Concept Vader helmet - are we talking about the same thing (not the X wing) ? I only see the concept vader listed on the main page, and In Development section. There's no mention of it in the store page yet.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Glen - no problem ! I'm keeping an eye on this myself I just rechecked the site and don't get any sold out notices on any of the material posted on the Concept Vader helmet - are we talking about the same thing (not the X wing) ? I only see the concept vader listed on the main page, and In Development section. There's no mention of it in the store page yet.
It was in the store area a little while ago. It was at the end of the row next to the stormtrooper helmet but now it's gone. I don't see it on the main page, then again i only see half the stormtrooper helmet on the main page. Not sure if my laptop doesn't support the resolution or what.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Thanks Glen, odd ! Have to ask if they had any glitches on the site. No worries tho, I would certainly hope to be one of the first to know when a sale / preorder date is announced (and I'll be sure to put a notice here).
Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Thanks, that would be great.
Glen
Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 AM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Yeah, I'd love some info on when this will be going up for pre-order, too.
It's a terrific looking design. I've been getting more into the McQ concept designs lately.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

These are definitely going to be a premium, limited piece. I expect they will sell out opening day.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Very nice sculpt on the helmet! I was disappointed that they used the OT Vader design on Ep3. I was hoping for something like this version which I prefer.

B