Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bicentennial Man Restoration Lungs

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share a project I bought off ebay recently. I helped make the suits and background props for Bicentennial Man and his lungs became available on ebay, but in a very sad condition.

I should have taken some pictures when I pulled it out of the box, but forgot. Anubis Pro and I built most of the displays for XFX for the background props from Bicentennial Man. This one was displayed for the Butterfield Auction and at one point was in perfect condition. Well eight years later this thing was a basket case from neglect.

The base and top plate that are black were covered in broken down thermal gel and grime. I cleaned the base and top plate, re-polished the aluminum and repainted everything.

I then put the lung holder back together and needed to restore the lungs themselves. Originally the vacuform halves have thermal gel coverings so that under water it gave the pieces a very alien look and they actually inflated and deflated on screen to simulate breathing.

Dan, Bernie and I originally made this prop for the film and it was cool that I would get an opportunity to own this piece and restore it. Now the thermal gel is irreplaceable, but the lung vacuform halves can be saved and I cleaned everything of old gooey thermal gel and slapped them back together.

One half is missing the top lung half and would need to be recreated. So I used some foam to re-carve the lung top and I think I got it pretty close.

Since my vacuformer wouldn't handle the larger lung piece, I threw together a new vacuformer and pulled another lung top.

Once I get the lung back together I will post some progress pics.

Thanks for looking,

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lungs1.jpg (106.8 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg lungs2.jpg (76.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg lungs9.jpg (107.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg lungs8.jpg (105.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg lungs7.jpg (102.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg lungs6.jpg (62.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg lungs5.jpg (84.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg lungs4.jpg (75.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg lungs3.jpg (105.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Bicentennial Man Restoration Lungs

Awesome!

So you worked on one of my all-time favorite films... It was very underrated and the work you guys did? Superb!

It was a great film all-around I think and I'm pretty sure it'll only be appreciated more as time goes on.

One is glad to be of service.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Me and about 250 other talented people. I mostly assembled the legs and heads and sculpted the side panels in the head and the inserts for the legs. I'll post a few more pictures as I progress and post some behind the scenes photos.

Paul
Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 AM
BANNED on the Run

anubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud ofanubispro has much to be proud of

Heres a few pics that showcase stuff Paul and I did.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dabar/s...7603649589860/

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
"He who beats his swords into plowshares will plow for those that do not."
Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Very Nice work there from a very underrated movie.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Falconer

Thanks Dave,

I didn't have a picture of the sculpture I did for inside the leg.

Paul
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

That prosthetic work really stands out... especially the hand and arm shots with the human flesh.

It must have been something for Robin Williams and the other actors to walk around in those MDR-series body shells.

It's a testament to your work AND Mr. Williams skills as an actor that so much of Andrew's emotional character was conveyed as an MDR droid. It's one thing to act under the 'normal' makeup prosthetics... but to act inside a fiberglass shell? Makes me appreciate the film all the more.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:56 PM

zorg is a jewel in the roughzorg is a jewel in the roughzorg is a jewel in the roughzorg is a jewel in the roughzorg is a jewel in the roughzorg is a jewel in the rough

glad i found this thread,i have a head casting from coinprops screen head and was thinking about doing an unusual paintjob on it. i think ill try that distressed/rusty paintjob in the pics. you dont remember the colors do you?

thanks for the inspiration

-chris

well i got it done, i hope you dont mind me posting a pic, thanks again for the inspiration!

Last edited by zorg; 11-03-2008 at 01:58 PM.