Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Shepperton Design Studios 2008 Catalogue

I have been meaning to post this for some time, but never got around to it until now. This may already be 'old news' to you guys here since it has been out for a while. lolololol Plus, I don't usually venture into the costume and prop areas since I well know there is SO MUCH to see and invest in that I am almost affraid to view it! LOLOLOLOL You are a brave bunch indeed!

Never the less...

Here is the Shepperton Design Studio Catalogue for it's 2008 offerings.

The REAL items made by the ORIGINAL folks!
__________________________________________________ ______
ADENDUM...

There have been questions raised as to ownership rights of these items. I will leave the catalogue up, but until that clears up, be aware that the issue exists.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 11-22-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Wow thanks for posting this.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

I have two stes of the armor, i got in a couple of trades, but alas, i am too round to fit in them.
Beautiful armor, i just may go on a diet!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Apparantly I have posted something that has caused quite a bit of stir among the prop and costume artists. I truly didn't mean to offend anyone by the post. My ignorance of the subject matter reigns true,.. even now until I get truthful answers from those who know the hobby. I thus have asked for all the "Pros" in the hobby to chime in so I may know what to do with this thread.

I posted the below quote on the RPF and ask the same of you guys here please?...

I would very much like to know all truth about this.

Quote:
Well.. it looks as if I may have struck a bad note in the community... my apologies if it offended. I didn't know there was anamosity toward it.

While I knew that LFL had shut them down before, I found it interesting that they were up and running again. Their website advertising Oct 2007 openings and even more product than they had before ready for 2008.

I really am not looking for any flame wars, just truth and knowledge please?

I also very much suspected that it may be old news to you guys, but this is (as stated previously) an area that I don't much (if anything at all) about. So I need to pick the knowledge of those who really know... and that would be you guys here... the PROS!

That said, and I am in need of the factual knowledge please to take appropriate action...

Did Shepperton screw some folks over? If so, then I will retract what I have posted. I will NEVER back those who take advantage of consumers by not delivering anything except top notch merchandise in a timely manner.

Thank you in advance for assisting me in the knowledge of truth in this matter.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Here is even more info quoted direct from their site that, of course, would reinforce positive opinion. But then again, that is what business does to get money...

Other than the Q1 2005 comment, it still looks to be authentic...hmmmmmm

Quote:
What/who is Shepperton Design Studios and Andrew Ainsworth?
Andrew Ainsworth established Shepperton Design Studio's in 1974 and we produced a range of products and designs for the British film industry in the late seventies, early eighties. He sculpted, fabricated and produced the original helmets used for the first movie in 1976 and using the same moulds and processes is doing the same again almost 30 years later.
For more information on the history of how Andrew Ainsworth and Shepperton Design Studios created the original Stormtrooper read the on-line article here at www.Rebelscum.com
....and also the recent article in UK's "Model & Collectors Mart"

See also the on-line review of our first helmet, the ANH Stunt Stormtrooper, again the review is here at www.Rebelscum.com.

How accurate are these helmets?
These helmets are the most accurate replicas of the screen-used helmets ever produced. Each helmet is hand-made by the original prop-makers using the original 1976 movie moulds. in addition, many of the same materials have been used although where necessary, more modern plastics have been used taking advantage of the improvements in this field over the past 28 years.
These helmets are unique as they are 1st GENERATION facsimiles of the on-screen designs, and feature the same idiosyncrasies as the original helmets. For example the original screen-used Trooper "Stunt" helmets featured hand cut eye "sockets" which have been faithfully reproduced on these replicas. We have reproduced true reproductions of the screen-used helmets, not sanitised toy versions which have made them in effect "blood-brothers" to the screen-used helmets.
What condition are the original moulds in after all these years?
We are happy to report that the moulds are in excellent condition after their near 30 year sleep. They have been well-looked after!.
We have carried out some minor renovation work on the moulds to ensure that the helmets we produce today are as close to the originals as possible. We are confident that our customers will treasure these helmets for years to come.
For more information over the authenticity of the original moulds and some more background information to the development program please see here.
What are your future plans
We are now in the final development stage for the Hero Stormtrooper helmet which should be ready for pre-orders in early May with deliveries starting in June. Photographs and pricing information will be available in the announcement.
In addition we hope to be able to make an annoucement regarding Stormtrooper Armour later in May. Should we go-ahead with this then it would be with or without helmets so existing owners will be able to "upgrade".
We're also looking into a number of other helmets as well as the Chest Box, tubing and Armour for the Imperial Pilot.
What's the difference between Hero and Stunt Trooper Helmets?
Physically, the helmets have subtle differences as the Hero helmet (used predominantly for close-up work) incorporated a number of different facial characteristics to the Stunt.
The Hero helmet features "bubble" style brown lenses, a smaller "frown" and a lower brow, whereas the "Stunt" features flat green lenses, a much longer frown (with extra "teeth") and a higher brow.
For the original film the majority of helmets produced were "Stunt" helmets (over 50) with only a few "Hero's" made (approx 6). We will be announcing pre-orders for the Hero helmet in Q1 2005.
Are you going to also provide Armor?
We're in the final stages of investigation and things are looking good for a summer launch..
How should I care for my helmet?
As with all plastics its wise to keep the out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
Minor scuffs can be polished out with a mildly abrasive plastics cleaner like Novus Plastic Polish, which is available in a number of countries around the world including the US and UK.

For more general polishing we suggest using a standard domestic household multi-surface polish. In the UK there is a product called "Mr Sheen" which is excellent as it contains a very mild Solvent and also Silicones which provide an excellent finish. Its designed for Plastic, Glass and Wood and is made by Reckitt Benckiser and is available at any Supermarket. Similar products will be available in other countries (such as "Pledge" in the US) although we do not suggest you use anything with a scented fragrance (such as Lemon). As with all these products, you should always test them out on a small area first.
However one could say that to be truly screen-accurate you shouldn't actually clean your helmets at all. Since the ones used in the movie were actually quite rough in appearance having been manhandled by numerous stunt men and extras!
Shepperton Design Studios
www.sdsprops.com
76 The Green
Twickenham
Middlesex TW2 5AG
UK
Tel +44 (0)208 898 4839
Fax +44 (0)208 755 0981

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 11-21-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

And their advertisement for Oct and Nov 2007.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

OK... HERE is something I found in small print on their site that may be something having to do with LFL...

Quote:
Allocation of supply restricts orders accepted from the USA until April 2008
I will get to the bottom of this... one way or the other... Hopefully, the bad news (if there is really any) will not be so bad. But if so... look out!

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 11-21-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Well, after receiving a response on the RPF from a very respected member (thank you Lord Abaddon! ), I now know the unrest is due to Lucasfilm and Shepperton coming to blows in lawsuits toward each other. I don't believe this means anything toward the comsumer. We will see as info continues to present itself.

On the other hand... I will say now, that being these items are offerred, I will be placing an order soon! Unless, of course, Lucasfilm offeres a better deal.

I find it sad in today's world that greed and licensing often results in items not being created. Not to mention that the quality (non-toy-like-items) being suppressed for those who's target audience the original STAR WARS was. We are mostly 40 now, and technology is now available to mass produce these items we have dreamed of for those last 30 years. LFL would do well to realize that licensing should be investigated for quality, andt then once that is established, sell the licenses for more reasonable costs. That would enable MUCH more in revenue for Lucasfilm in the end and make Lucas's original target audience happy as well.

I love the Star Wars films. They changed me from the moment that Star Destroyer crept over my head in 1977. Lucas's vision was great! We have supprted Lucas. It is time to see that in return with his making things more available to the public after 30 years. The things his vision caused us to dream about!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Aspiring Usurper

OylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm, I need to start a new piggy-bank...
Old 11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Whoa!

There's a group of the 501st (I think it is?) in Little Rock - the Imperial Stormtrooper dudes. We went to an Arkansas Travelers game two years ago and they were doing their charity drive thing outside the main gate. They had some very nicely done up armor, too. They even had the helmet mic and speaker system.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Wow... from reading here and what the guys are saying on the RPF, I see the dilema! Thank you for the continued input fellas. I don't mean to make old wounds re-emerge, so please, if it is becoming offensive, I will stop. Just let me know.

If not, I have more questions...

OK... so who is officially on record as being the lead propmaker for the Stormtrooper helmet and costume for the film? I imagine somebody has to have a name of who got paid to do it. Is that information unknown? From my reading here and on the SDS site, AA is claiming to have been that person? Or is he just stating that he has the original molds?

I agree that there are two sides to every story. However, there is only one truth to the different parts of the story. 1 + 1 always = 2 sort of thing. There must be a solid answer out there somewhere.

Truth be told... regardless of AA's controversial status, I am just happy that someone is able to offer this stuff publicly. I have seen too much shut down or restrained in all of these hobbys because of expensive licensing issues. Quite simply,.. it sucks. The folks (like all of us) who made these franchises strong (like anything Star Wars) by purchasing all the previous poor quality items offerred in it's name deserve better. They deserve the REAL stuff. I can see no real reason to hold it back. Keeping things 'unique' in something as huge as Star Wars is pretty much an illusion. Many folks believe that they have the 'one' piece, but I can almost garuntee that there are others out there that will state the same thing... and be telling truth about it too! At least that is what I have found in the Studio Model area of things. I can't imagine the prop and costume area being much different in that respect. As a matter of fact, I imagine it would be even worse because there is so much of it. It is one of the reasons I haven't really collected the items in this area. The pricetags are endless. As I stated before, you collectors and artists of costume and props are a brave breed indeed. I could go broke in this specific hobby! lolololol.

Well.. now I am babbling... LOLOLOLOL

The answers are out there. I am curious if everyone can come together and set the truth free. And then finally place it to bed. All information helps.

Thank you again for the input!

And Griff? Agreed! The 501st are VERY kewl indeed!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

So now the words have changed to deeper meaning of Shepperton. A member on the RPF has made and out-right cliam that I have asked for proof of. If it turns out that Shepperton is, in fact, RECASTING? Then I will be condeming him FULLY.

If anyone had provable fact in this matter, please speak out.

Here is what was stated on the RPF...

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpin Jax
Dude, stop plugging SDS. He's a recaster, which is a cardinal sin here.

I understand and can appreciate that sentiment Jax. I am VERY STRONGLY AGAINST RECASTING! Everyone that knows of me absolutely knows I have and will condem ANYONE that is proven to do so. I have contributed in shutting recasters down.

This is why I would like some concrete proof. Up until now, all I have seen has been conjecture.

So... the major question is... WHO IS HE RECASTING FROM?!!!

Proof please?... Not just conjecture or dissatisfaction.

I have read every word typed here and there are two opinions that have been stated. So which do I believe? If I state the world is made of chocolate, and you know it's not, and that statement to be a lie, then you would and could prove it. I am asking for the proof that will finally place this to bed. I believe, by reading what you are stating, that is what you would like of this as well. So we are on the same page, right?

One more item to be addressed before moving onward to obtain the truth...

I know that you are frustrated with this Jax, but please don't address me again of the 'cardinal sins' in the hobby. I well know the policy's of the boards within these hobbies. And I fully back what they stand for. I do agree with you regarding recasters. However, I would think that before making such a strong statement toward a colleague, that you please have the condeming proof in hand. THAT is what we are BOTH trying to do here. I know you are dissatisfied with AA and SDS. So let's put him to bed with provable truth.

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 11-22-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Well? It would seem that this SDS thing has at least one guy up in arms on the RPF.

I have offered my hand in understanding. And commented that we need to combine forces to find the truth of the matter. It just seems that the more I ask for the truth, the more defensive it gets.

I am at a loss of understanding with this hobby. In the model hobby, truth is evident because all one has to do is show the comparisons. Apparantly that is too much to ask in the costuming area.

Very frustrating indeed!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Upon further review, and evidence just not being available or clear one way or the other, I have decide NOT to purchase from SDS until the name is cleared from the accusations. There may be reasonable doubt regarding the charachter of the company possibly being recasters. Until it is known that is not the case, I will wait to purchase from them.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Many folks believe that they have the 'one' piece, but I can almost garuntee that there are others out there that will state the same thing... and be telling truth about it too!