Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Aspiring Usurper

OylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to behold

I doubt there's any way to prove it, but I was just thinking back to the special feature on ep's 2n3, its mentioned SEVERAL times that Lucas was adamant that no armor be made. I always thought that was weird untill now!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Any new words or evidence for this beastie thread?

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Aspiring Usurper

OylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to behold

I havn't read the thread at the rpf, so I dont know if you've looked here or not? http://whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?

I came across it the other day and did a quick search of the related issues and there was just too much to sift thru....
Old 12-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Aspiring Usurper

also im no lawyer so I didnt sift thru much of it... but you can follow how the legal proceedings went here http://rpf.exoray.com/LFL_vs_SDS/
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Excellent! Thank You!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Aspiring Usurper

I looked some of it over again, and it looks like to me the whole fiasco can be summed up to this...

yes, SDS did the originals (whether he still has the original moulds is still suspect tho) but the stink is over the fact that SDS is just plain not liscensed to keep producing and selling the junk...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

LOLOLOL... that would make any and all garage makers in the same catagorey! LOLOLOLOL... that would mean that anyone without a license that is 'bitching' is being hypocritical! LOLOLOLOLOL

VERY interesting indeed!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Exclamation Will Shepperton Survive Lucasfilm?

Looks like the Case regarding this stared a while ago according to this Fox News link..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347428,00.html

Also.... there is a whole thread started by Jumin Jax on the RPF here...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=41821

Comments?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Sounds a bit like the Stan Lee and "Spiderman" problem. It sounds as though he worked for / under contract by Lucas and therefore Lucas owns the rights to them. However, does Lucas really need the money? Why not go into some sort of partnership or give him credit etc like Marvel did with Stan? Just because Lucas may be right, doesn't mean he has to be an arse about it. But, it is his train set.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 AM

satazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nice

I'm no lawyer and I am not privy to the specifics of these circumstances, but--

I read that Martin Bower, who designed and built many of the craft for Space:1999 did end up with the intellectual property rights to some of them. I found this very surprising as here in the States I think a "work for hire" clause would eliminate that possibility. Perhaps English copyright laws differ from those of the US in this regard?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

The copyright laws do differ, that said however...
English copyright law, infact any law as written on paper is one thing but as i think any decent legal eagle will tell you, it's the interpretation that's the thing.

As I learned as a Health and Safety official ('fore i got wise and started working for myself) the law is laid down and it shall be followed but and to quote an official document "interpretation of the law can only be decided by learned individuals in a court of law"

A learned individual concerning the law (UK) by the way is NOT me, just to be clear.

It all comes down to what or in this case, what was not written down.
As for what is being said by some on the RPF for one example and i make no apologies for pointing to that thread, they have decided already who is innocent and who is not and a few need to be reminded that domestic US law does not translate to other countries no matter how much some (LFL as one example) might wish it to.

I have the sneaking suspicion that LFL are not on as solid ground as they may wish to be but then i think niether is Mr Ainsworth. The final decision will be heard and the truth, such as it is, will turn up and verdicts will be handed down. I feel that no matter what the end result, it will have it's supporters and it's detractors.
As is the way of the world.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

At Uni I had to do a credit of law, (In fact I didn't have to, I could have done nursing to get the credits and been with all the hot chicks, but was told too late to change), and frankly, I didn't understand a freaking thing that was going on. What was logical to me was completely the opposite to what the answer was. It's funny Raytheon that people from one country think that the same rules apply to another, when even the rules in every country are up for debate.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Shame about not getting in with the hot chicks but ya live and learn True to say about things concerning the law is thast logic will only apply if it will win the case for one side or the other.

Your right about what some people think regarding the law/rules but then as i said, such is the way of the world. Mostly i find it's the sort of thinking perpetrated by those who are either terminally thick concerning the existance of the rest of the planet outside thier own wee nook, have never been outside thier own country for long periods or both.

I am reasonably happy to say that those folks appear in the minority of those who can actually change things.

Still, this whole deal will be settled one way or another to someones satisfaction, who that may be is another matter.
On with the modeling!

Go easy
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Thumbs up Re: Shepperton Design Studios 2008 Catalogue

MAJOR NEWS in this battle!!!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...5241&GT1=28101