Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-01-2021, 07:05 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: USS Aventine build

Looking good! Keep'm coming.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-04-2021, 04:56 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Masking Continues! The bottom has been a bit of a challenge because there are so few images of that side of the ship. But I think I have gotten close to what has been shown. I hope to lay down the Dark Gray this weekend.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:43 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

"There be windows!!"
Old 03-08-2021, 05:59 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Work continues on the Aventine. I began the process of painting the complex paint scheme. I sprayed on Tamiya Deck Gray to the top and the bottom on the ship. The next step will be to mask this off and lay down the next color.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:47 AM
Lurker

Last night I masked off the German Gray panels to prepare the model for the next color.

I also masked off the warp nacelles

Old 03-10-2021, 07:33 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Gonna be popping with all the color!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-11-2021, 08:28 AM
Lurker

Yesterday I painted on the "main" hull color. Tamiya Light Blue. I think it looks okay I maybe should have added a few drops of blue to it. The nacelles got painted too. I also realized that I missed two areas that should have been sprayed Deck Gray. So after some quick masking they got sprayed. There is one more color to add a lighter gray on the edges of the saucer.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Lurker

Paint work continues on the Aventine.

Old 03-29-2021, 05:30 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous colors, very well executed.

More updates, please--

-SF
Old 03-30-2021, 07:51 AM
Lurker

Last night I sprayed the what I hope is the last paint color. Yellow for the RCS thrusters.

I can peel off all of the masking tape. Hopefully that will occur tonight.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:06 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Old 03-31-2021, 09:19 AM
Lurker

So I peeled off all of the tape. While I still have lots of clean up to do I really like what the paint job looks like!

Old 04-01-2021, 06:11 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Very nice so far. Have you tried a light test in any area yet?

-SF
Old 04-01-2021, 10:58 AM
Lurker

Clean up painting is proceeding. I love how the Aventine is looking!

Old 04-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Bridger will become famous soon enoughBridger will become famous soon enough

This looks better and better.