Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God
Default P38-Lightning

I found these pics.

Revell Lightning. 1/32.

IIRC this was my third plane. Wasn't happy with the end result, you will notice flaws in my build and painting, and a bit of gapping . But it was a good learning curve, and it was planes that induced me to buy my first Dremel type tool/sander
Would definitely like to tackle this again one day. Enjoy and thanks for looking

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lightthumb.jpg (51.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by rider; 01-28-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Scale corrected, thanks to The Cat
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That looks kinda 1/32nd to me..... classic Revell. Even MORE classic paint job you laid on her - how did you go about doing that?

Great-looking bird!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Y’know, you’re probably right Cat, it probably is 1/32. (I’ll edit that ).

I would never lay down primer in those days. Base coat is Plasti-Koat silver. (Very good paint IMO as it does not create the speckled look that general model paints seem to for metallics ).
The black is gloss enamel. I've never found a great yellow paint, they tend to be translucent and layering it makes the end result suffer. The yellow on the propellers is Games Workshop golden
yellow with matte black for the wheels.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Rider, thanks to you I'm going to have to try that silver out!

You're spot-on about Speckled silvers... I like Metalizer but it's like my ex wife: Looks great but temperamental and doesn't withstand a lot of handling
Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 PM

Cool, I think you will like the results sir. One thing to note, I wanted the black markings to be matt, but the silver would create a crack allure on my acrylic over painting which is why I went for gloss enamel. So ofcourse (as I know now), you'll need to primer any sections you wanna paint over the silver
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

great job. i second that about the paint excellent job.

al
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM

Thank you sir
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

shiney......

and yes, I use alot of automotive paints for stuff...better results
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

That's a nice build there. Nice paintjob.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Looks great!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM

I think its quite a novice job and not as deserving of your generosity, but thank you all so much
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Rider, do yourself a favor and heed the Monkey
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future

It looks better than the first 100 models that I built.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM

I certainly respect and know I can learn a lot of wisdom from all the wonderful beings on our world, especially monkeys and cats, so totally understood and I thank you very much for showing me what the strengths are . I appreciate it.

Thank you Thomas E. Johnson. Here's to your next hundred, and may we be graced with their presence here sir
Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
I certainly respect and know I can learn a lot of wisdom from all..... especially monkeys and cats, :
That, my friend, is the key to wisdom!