Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 01-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light
Default The boat yard.

A long while back I received a a pair of hull halves for a Pennsylvania class battle ship from Moorcat. This lead me to get to thinking I could scratchbuild from the deck my own idea for a battleship. Fast forward a few years and I came across the the very kit the original hull came from. So needless to say I bought it, and put it into my collection to build it later with the idea to bash it into the idea I had before. Now recently I came across a kit from Hasegawa that contained the 16.1 inch main battery, and secondary 5.5 inch guns for a Nagato class vessel. Just what I need to up-gun the kit from the stock 14 inch guns. I'll be kit bashing the super structure and replacing most of the kits open 5 inch gun positions with the Hasegawa kits guns. The stock casement guns will also be getting some attention too as they are in a rather disappointing state. I took a few shots to compare the Revel kits turret and main guns compared to the Hasegawa kits. also the Revel kit is 426th scale and the Hasegawa kits is 350th. So there's a touch discrepancy between the kits but I'm not too worried about it . It has the parts I need/want so they're in. Wish me luck folks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04501.JPG (1.03 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04502.JPG (1.21 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04503.JPG (1.01 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04504.JPG (1.05 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04505.JPG (1.05 MB, 6 views)
Old 01-24-2015, 06:44 AM
It's blazing hot in here!

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The boat yard.

This is going to be fun to watch come together.

Got any plans to modify the superstructure?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
This is going to be fun to watch come together.

Got any plans to modify the superstructure?
I don't really have any specific plans in mind just sort of a general idea of how I'd like it to feel in a manner. I have never done something like this before so I'm purely winging it.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:26 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

git bizzy! lets see what youve got....
got any drawings of what yer going to do superstructurewise?
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 01-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Canuck with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
git bizzy! lets see what youve got....
got any drawings of what yer going to do superstructurewise?
I do not have any drawings what so ever of what I want to do with the superstructure. I have a vague idea on how I want the bridge to turn out, but for the most part it's all shoot from the hips and build it in a way that feels right to me.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:32 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I'll love to see your progress. It sounds pretty neat.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Canuck with the truck.

I put together the kits superstructure [friction fit] and masts to give an idea as to what it was suppose to look like so you have an idea as to where I've gone and modified things. As you can see there really isn't much of a superstructure to begin with and after finding this page http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/39e.htm which ever so nicely has a set of plans of the Arizona http://navsource.org/archives/01/pdf/013939p.pdf I was able to wrap my brain around what I was looking at in the model kit and able to help figure out what was what, and the purpose of each deck in the orginal superstructure. And if you're wondering what all that empty space is for in between the main mast and the stack? Boats. That entire part of the deck was taken up by stacked boats ranging from 50 foot motor launches to 26 foot whaling boats. Seriously? Whaling boats? The heck? Anyways I intend to replace that with either an aircraft hanger or something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04507.JPG (1.15 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04508.JPG (979.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04510.JPG (1.11 MB, 21 views)
Old 01-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Canuck with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I'll love to see your progress. It sounds pretty neat.
Thank you kindly for the interest. Going to start work here pretty soon on the bridge.