Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 07-01-2014, 07:58 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1/35 BR52 - Germanies WW2 Work horse

hey thanks Stephan - always great to see you I'll be back to this again soon enough. Just gotta get this 2199 fix out of my system first...
MH
Old 07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/35 BR52 - Germanies WW2 Work horse

First of all.. this is original as heck.. I really like this.. AND your work is stunning.. I really will enjoy this build!

Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1/35 BR52 - Germany's WW2 Work horse

Well, the astro battleship is finished so it's back to the BR52 and then finsh that too.

I have started to put the cab together. The main frontage has been primed and looks good. The roof has had it's PE stuff added and is also primed ready for painting - which I will start doing tonight if the rain lets up.

I've also rusted the frame of the engine and it is currently waiting for the matte coat to dry before I start work on that too. I won't be doing too much rust - just a little bit on the inside as active engines weren't all that rusty, but in contrast to that, I have also seen pics of the inside of the chassis being quite rusted and dirty - so I'll have to be restrained and selective about what and where I rust

I also need to replace the brass pipes that run down the side of the boiler with thinner rod, so it'll be off to the hobby shop shortly to see what I can find

Enough talkin' - time for some pics. First up, the cab as it stands now. Bear in mind, the floor has yet to be weathered - but that'll be the last thing to do:

Well, that's all for now. Once this is finished, I'm seriously eying up the K5 Rail Gun to go with this - it's just a matter of finding some extra shelf space!
thanks again
MH
Old 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM

greetings

Well, work continues with the driver's cab and it's now not far from completion.
For a long time, I admonished my painting skills as being rather....lacking. However, on this project, I am really happy with how things have come out so far and they look just like how I pictured and in some cases, how they look in real pictures. This is the case for the cab - I am super happy with how it's come out so far.
There are still a few things to tidy up - ie: the dials, the wooden grip on the bar thing in the middle and some other smaller bits and bobs, and most of those will be done today
I am seriously reconsidering not having any lighting int his - the cab will be dark and even the wife (who has zero interest in modelling) said it would be a shame not to be able to see it once it's all closed up. So now, I'm thinking on how to install an SMD into the roof space and how to hide the wires - which won't be an easy task. I am thinking I may have to drill a hole in the top of the boiler and run them through that into boiler itself - which will be where I house the battery. As for a switch - well, not sure about that either, but I'll figure something out.
Anyway, enough blabbing, here's a couple of pics:

The side walls also need a bit of fixing up here and there. but so far, I'm really happy with it

Well, that's all I have for now. Will be back again soon enough
Thanks for looking in
MH
Old 09-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That's looking really good.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Nice work MH!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:14 AM

Thank you guys

Well, it's been a great Father's Day today - been a beauty day for it! Sun's been out, it's warm but not to hot. Just beautiful.

As for this build, well, it's slowly coming together. The walls of the cab are now on, the back wall is painted and the roof has an SMD on it ready to light it. I ended up making my own seats as all the pics I have show that were wooden. Not the straight blocks Trumpeter would have you use. What cracks me up though is Eduard give you this wooden grain access door but the rest of the kit part looks nothing at all like wood, so instead of enhancing the look, it makes it stand out. Therefore, I remade my own one's using balsa and I like them. I've tried to recreate the worn look of vinyl and one worked pretty well - the other one....not so much, but it'll do. You won't see it once the roof goes on anyway.

Speaking of which, I should have the roof on this soon and then it's back to the chassis and fun with air tanks

I've tried my hand at texturising my painting using pigments and I like the effect it has. The below pic shows this quite well I think:

I thought I'd gotten rid of all the ejector marks, but it seems I haven't done a very good job on that. But because it'll be dark in there, no one's going to see them, so they'll do fine.

Well, that's all I have for now, but thanks for stopping in and having a look

MH
Old 09-07-2014, 08:06 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

The weathering is spectacular----photo realistic. Shame you have to put a roof on that puppy!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:23 AM

indeed, but hopefully the little light in there will help bring it out

Today's progress has been good - the frame has been base painted and I'll start doing the weathering on it tonight (rusting etc)
The wheels are pretty much done - they just need a touch of grime in the center and other moving part areas/ I'm happy with how they've come out in in the right light have that light sheen making them look like metal. The tops of the wheels are painted with Alclad.
And I have put a couple of bits of coal on the cab floor and on the tray below the firebox door just to give it some interest. I'd like to find some appropriately scaled oil cans etc to sit on the tray above the door, but I haven't found anything of use. I also need to find a suitably sized spade.

Well, that's it for today. I'm working on the air tanks and the plumbing at the moment, so pics once they're done and on. The boiler is pretty much sorted so it's onto the final stretch I think
Thanks again for stopping in
MH
Old 09-14-2014, 11:07 PM

quick update

Have made a decent start on the chassis and the cab is all but finished. I've been adding a couple of small things here and there to humanise it - like propaganda posters and a news paper held down by a chunk of coal

I spent ages editing these pics in photobucket, but the changes don't seem to have taken. Not sure why. Anyway, the raw

pics:

well, that's all for now. I'm currently dressing up the generator thing on the side, so pics of that shortly

till then

Thanks for looking

MH

Last edited by Madhatter; 09-14-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:04 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Wowzers!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-16-2014, 01:14 AM

greetings
Well, time for the final update this week. Next up - the compressor
Trumpeter give you an OK one - but when compared tot he real thing - well, it's like most of Trumpeter's detailing - imaginary and sparse. Still, it gives you a great template to do something with and even despite the above comments, it still looks like a compressor - so I can't complain

To be honest - I didn't do a heck of a lot - just added some missing nuts, wires and raised surfaces on the bottom. Nothing special

Well, that's all I have for now, but thanks for stopping in again and having a look
See you all later
MH
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Excellent work. Doesn't seeing all your progress feel satisfying on the inside?

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!! Simply amazing!!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:11 PM

thanks guys- it is indeed very satisfying - although at the same time, very frustrating too

It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated this as I hadn't done much, but over the last couple of days, the engine has finally seen some movement.

The cab is now attached to the boiler and most of the external details have been added ready for paint - which I hope to start either today or later during the week.

I can't add all of them as I need to add those sand pipes (which I am dreading because from what I've read - they don't stick down to well, but hopefully, CA will do it's job)

I don't know whether it's a testament to Trumpeter's engineering or my building skills (the later I think is more likely) but there was an enormous gap between the wheel housing and the boiler, so out came the plastic strips and a patch job ensued. It worked fine in the end, but man - what a PITA.

Also, if you've ever built on of their kits, but Trumpeters PE stuff is so stiff and hard to fold when compared to Eduard. There's meant to be a little lip on the side window surround but I just couldn't get it to bend - even with annealing, so I just didn't bother with it. I might make up a thin plastic lip instead.

Anyways, enough talking, here's where I am at currently. The paint is so close I can smell it!

Well, that's it for now, but I'll be back again once I start the painting.

As always, thanks for stopping in and having a look

MH