Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 11-23-2014, 07:02 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/32 B-17G

Thank you fellas! Hopefully there'll be more progress soon. I'm going to try to score the Eduard Big Sin 4 engine set on Black Friday somehow.

Other than markings, that'll be all she needs!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:02 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

This is one impressive kit. I remember building the Monogram 1/48 so many years ago thinking this was the kit of all kits for the 17. Seeing one in 1/32 with all those goodies makes my teeth hurt.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:38 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
This is one impressive kit. I remember building the Monogram 1/48 so many years ago thinking this was the kit of all kits for the 17. Seeing one in 1/32 with all those goodies makes my teeth hurt.
Indeed....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:54 AM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Envious.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:54 PM

krow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to behold

Good work. Lemme know if ya need masks/markings , I did a set
in 1/32 already.

Last edited by krow113; 01-02-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:42 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow113 View Post
Good work. Lemme know if ya need masks/markings , I did a set
in 1/32 already.

Actually, I kinda do need some masks!!!!! National insignia, serial numbers, group and squadron letters. On a kit this big, those need to be painted-on.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 AM

krow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to behold

No worries I did the mask/decal set for Rich Carricks "Baby Be Brave" a 1/32 B-17 wreck dio. It can be seen all over the web , won a gold at Telford.
What are you gonna do to solve the ammo box mixup on the ball turret? The only thing really wrong with this kit.
Lemme know about the masks etc...
Old 01-06-2015, 12:25 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
What are you gonna do to solve the ammo box mixup on the ball turret? The only thing really wrong with this kit.
The ammo boxes are going to be a problem. IIRC, the Eduard PE boxes are just designed to replace the kit parts as they are instead of being, well, accurate. I'll cobble something up, though.

The radio room deck is another trouble spot, but that can be solved by a little scratchbuilding and sawing.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
No worries I did the mask/decal set for Rich Carricks "Baby Be Brave" a 1/32 B-17 wreck dio. It can be seen all over the web , won a gold at Telford.
Yes. Jaw dropping!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:48 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Wow! Looking forward to this one!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:57 PM

Ya the Eduard ammo boxes are mounted on the framework of the ball turret. There was some internet discussion regarding the accuracy of that mounting. Many 'experts' suggest that operational '17's never used that mounting configuration. Many pix suggest that the mounting configuration was used operationally. This is not to lead into an accuracy discussion, the least of my interests in modelling. There are builds on other forums and some good ideas to solve the minor troubles ahead. PM me regarding masks/decals when you are ready.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:39 PM

KenMcConnell has a spectacular aura aboutKenMcConnell has a spectacular aura aboutKenMcConnell has a spectacular aura aboutKenMcConnell has a spectacular aura aboutKenMcConnell has a spectacular aura about

Epic build. I loved my old Monogram 1/48 Fortress. This is just beast mode!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 PM

youngtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura about

Nice prouject. I have a similar kit but I think I'm going to sell it as I don't have a place fir such monster. It's a heck if a kit though, so I'll follow along to see what you will do with such beast of a kit

Mike