Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 XP-47H

Side vent looks great!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:51 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Obeisance is very much appreciated. And required...

I've decided to stop waiting on the rest of the cockpit PE. What I have there is more than good enough. Besides, I want to get the fuselage together finally and get to sanding it.

The first round of sanding went faster than I thought it would. Second round is looking even better.

The belly closed up best of all. I had trouble with some parts interference with the wings spars. The belly would bow open, so I ended up cutting the spars. I think it was over-engineered anyway...

Anyway, on to more sanding!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 03-07-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

That all blended very well! Looks great!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Still a progressing.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:37 PM

And progressing.

I though I might have to increase the height of the tail wheel. Turns out I didn't. But that now gives me a possable tail wheel!

I've also put the wings on and neatened up the mount for the nose cone.

And I've added material to the nose cone, as it is not perfectly round.

And I've decided that the base plates for the upper scoops, the parts taken from the vac kit, are just too thick. Pics show only a slight lip and not the massive step that mine had. So off came the parts and traced them out onto thinner styrene.

Now, I'm in the process of opening the resin scoops that will go on top of them.

Keep on movin' on!

Last edited by Tiberious; 03-12-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:51 PM
My ass is itchy...

This is getting good!

Old 04-02-2016, 05:55 PM

Okay, in the interim, I lost a scoop. It pinged away while being sanded, so out came the resin and mold materials.

A copy was successfully made!

Their application was a little messy at first, but it smoothed out with liberal amounts of nail polish remover smoothed over the still damp dissolved putty.

I also masked up the glass and set the PE cockpit cowl in place.

Then I shot the glass with the interior green, and then used that to test the join lines. If I don;t say so myself, they look pretty dang good! Better than I've ever gotten them before on a first try!

There are some spots to fill, as well as a little bit of a ledge where the lower fuselages join together. But overall, I'm very happy with it.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

I never heard of this aircraft, fascinating! I love the fact that it was made from an earlier razorback version of the Thunderbolt which I preferred over the later models. It is coming along nicely and I look forward to its completion!

Current assignment:
U.S.S. Miranda NCC-1833
Captain D.A. Lewis commanding
Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Into scribing! I don't do this much, but this model needs a lot of lines rescribed, so I've gotten out the dymo tape and scriber - as well as a lot of superglue and sanding sticks for the inevitable error- DANG, there's one now! #&@*@*$*(!!!!

Last edited by Tiberious; 04-04-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:23 PM
My ass is itchy...

Those scoops blended in really well!

Old 05-09-2016, 01:58 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Looking good. Love watching a nice build come together!