Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default 1/350 HMS Warspite

As the last non-Trek kit therapy project for the year, I've begun a 1/350 Warspite by Academy. I'll try to keep the posts to a minimum as I doubt there's much interest.

The superstructure sub-assemblies were built and painted separately with a cursory wash of oils for a light weathering. I'm going to build this mostly from the box but with the addition of an aftermarket laser-cut wood deck and PE railings. I really don't want to get into the massive PE super-detailing and quickly build this.

Warspite is being depicted in her late war camouflage.

The photos:

With weathering wash of brown and black dirt plus white oil drybrushing:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg box.jpg (63.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-25-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: 1/350 HMS Warspite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
As the last non-Trek kit therapy project for the year, I've begun a 1/350 Warspite by Academy. I'll try to keep the posts to a minimum as I doubt there's much interest.
[...]
Y'all are kidding us with that, right?

Buck, you could polish a cat turd and we'd all watch.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Not much interest!?! Hah! I love to see a good Warspite going together. Have the same model too, in perpetual build phase... I'll be watching with interest.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Y'all are kidding us with that, right?

Buck, you could polish one of The Cat's turds and we'd all watch.

Fixed that for you...
Old 08-25-2017, 10:52 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

HAHHHHH!!!!!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:31 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

You guys are nuts.

Minimal progress this weekend - painted the ship's boats and added a bit of detailing to the roof of the hangar. Wood deck and PE is on order.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-28-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:42 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Really like the colors.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:17 AM
All ahead full

Deck photo-etch parts arrived with the wood deck set and were applied prior to hull priming and painting.

The hull was masked and airbrushed in her two camo shades. Tamiya Sky Gray XF-19 (Starship!) is used for the lighter while a mix of German Gray and Sky is used for the darker shade.

The hull red was mixed and masked/sprayed. I used Model Master Insignia Red with a few drops of Flat Black to darken the anti-foul. German Gray and Flat Black was mixed for the Plimsoll line.

Once dried, I sprayed the hull with chipping fluid. A thin mixture of Tamiya Tan was then sprayed lightly to create a muddy sea grunge and then chipped off. An initial wash of grimy brown oil wash was then applied as the start of the weathering process. A bit of rust was touched here and there.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 09-18-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 PM

It's looking great Admiral! Love that distressed lower hull.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:54 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 New face in the crowd

That is a thing of beauty!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM

krow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to behold

There may be more interest here than you think!
I have this kit with all the extras for it , I watch all of the builds I see of it.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:40 PM
All ahead full

Thanks for the kind words!

The next big project was the addition of the self-adhesive wood deck by Pontos. Application took about two hours and was then brushed with a coat of dirty oil wash used all over the ship. Next up with be the many thousands of small bits of guns, anchors, rafts, chains, ladders, railings, masts and rigging lines. I think I much prefer the simplicity of starship details.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Love the look of that decking. Nice non-uniform shading.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wow, that's fantastic. I love the look of ocean staining on the foreword deck.