Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Federation Models Runabout Interior

the AMT Runabout kit was released in 1993. It is one of AMT's nicer kits. The biggest flaw to the kit is that it does not include an interior. The box says that the kit is 1/72 scale it actually is closer to 1/66 scale. But, at the size of the model the empty interior was cavernous! Now twenty years later Federation Models has FINALLY released an interior for the AMT Runabout.

The interior kit includes 44 resin parts plus a set of decals.

The parts are nicely cast. The builder also has the option of building the Runabout from the first 3 seasons or the later seasons after the set was remodeled.

The aft cabin seen in the TNG episode "Timescape" is included and is also nicely cast.

The floor parts are engineered so that they fit into the bottom of the runabout well. Since the parts are resin they may need some sanding but no major modifications will be necessary

The tops of both the cockpit and the cabin are slao well cast a fit well into the top of the Runabout.

The decal sheet is very complete and inclueds everything needed for the inside of a Runabout. Some of the decals are a little fuzzy but, I'm not sure how well they will be able to be seen.

The only issue I have in my kit is that one of the Chair stands was not completely cast. Not a big deal easily fixed with a bit for styrene rod.

Overall impressions... First, It's about damn time! This kit has been on the market for 20 years! Better late than never, I guess.

This is a nice kit. The casting is good and it will add to the reality of the AMT kit. I paid $65 at WonderFest. For some that price will be a little steep, but I had to get one. I loved DS9 and the Runabout, so this was a must have for me.

Bottom line... The casting is good, The parts fit is good, it adds to the model. I believe it will be a fun project. So I recommend getting this add-on to any modeler with even a passing interest in DS9.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130606_211441_062_zpsa6b454f2.jpg (81.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of
Default Re: Federation Models Runabout Interior

Thanks for the info on this, i will get one too, been waiting soo long
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I think I'm going to have to buy a set now.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 AM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of

very cool scott. i look forward to your buildup, too! will you be lighting the consoles?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Nick I had thought about Lighting the consoles, but I really don't think they will be viewable from the outside. So right now I'm leaning towards no. But anything can change at anytime.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 PM

shepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these partsshepard137@hotmail.com is infamous around these parts

I can seem to find this set on federation models where did you find it.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Lurker

I bought it from his table at WonderFest. If you read the news section you will see that Federation Models had to move to a new location. I would look for an update after the JerseyFest show this weekend.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Pretty cool! Maybe I'll get one for mine...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Last week I went thru my stash trying to find a certain couple parts, and what did I find in a completely unrelated box? A complete Runabout kit that i had forgotten about!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

^^^^

There ya go!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Lurker

Once I get the Artemis off the bench I will move on to the Runabout
Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Does anyone do Runabout decals?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Lurker

JT Graphics does. I have the sheet at home. Obviously they are much better than the kit decals
Old 09-12-2013, 05:38 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
JT Graphics does. I have the sheet at home. Obviously they are much better than the kit decals
Awesome. I'll hit him up for a custom set.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Lurker

got a particular river in mind?