Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props and Artwork > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 08-27-2011, 02:08 AM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future
Default E-11 blaster, Doopydoos full resin kit

Heya,

just finished a resin kit of the E-11 blaster seen in ANH. There are many configurations on the E-11s used in the film. I went for the one without the hengstler counter and power cylinders and wires. Im a big fan of the Sterling design. so I guess thats why I like it that version.

About the project: I wanted a look of the beat up Sterlings like this excellent one (made by Darth Stone):

Being a 501st member I also plan to use this on troops, so I couldnt go all the way on some accuracy things. The stock rail holes (under it) could have been drilled out, but that would have made it to weak IMO.

The doopydoos kit is cast on original Sterling parts, so its very accurate. I decided to make my own trigger guard and front aim in metal. I look at this kit as a learning version for me, and choosed to go for a thin metal as it was easy to work with. Next time Ill go for thicker metal. The aiming parts are made of resin leftovers and a cut off pin.

I also made a new plate at the end of the mag. The original didnt look correct. I made it off styrene and a thumbtack behind the hole.

The screws in the front looks bad on the doobys kit, (I guess from the molding process) so I drilled these out and replaced them with heads from real screw heads (I hope thats the right term ), looking like the originals.

I made metal parts to go inside it (spring etc) and make it look functional.

The scope rail was made from a really old license plate I had lying around. It looks to have the right thichness and have a great rusty patina, that to me just feels ANH and what I wanted with this build. There is little love for the wonky scopes of the original props, and most seem to make a perfectly straight and pretty rail for their E-11, but I love the dodgy originals. But maybe I overdid it.

I drilled out the two front holes on the stock a little, making them deeper.

Paint job: After primer I painted the body silver and scope gold. After that I used flat black for the gun and glossy black for the grip and scope.

Weathering was made by sanding and scratching trying to replicate the worn look. The handle on the originals are plastic, and getting that look aged was the hardest part. I was a little worried about the scope, but it turned out ok.

Finally a lot of black, gray and brown washes were used.

Problems with this build up: some air bubbles that I didnt think would matter, but looking at it now they are bugging me.

I also had a problem with the positioning of the handle and mag. I got them slightly off, so next time Ill be more thorough.

I made a step by step on the paint job if anyones interested, but its pretty straight forward.

Cheers!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: E-11 blaster, Doopydoos full resin kit

Looks pretty snazzy. How much is said kit? Me wants one.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Trooper-in-Training!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:24 PM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future

LOL he loves to wear the helmets. The kit is around 65$ plus shipping.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to beholdRoad Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

Where can you get this kit?
Ken.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Runs With Scissors

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Isn't he a little short for a stormtrooper?!?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM

cjsbosox will become famous soon enoughcjsbosox will become famous soon enough

Cool stuff! Looks really good to me. Where might one get one of these?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM

katana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud ofkatana2001 has much to be proud of

You've done a spectacular job!!! I was issued a Sten when I first enlisted. I have to say,your weathering is spot on!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Scott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to beholdScott Graham is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe it's resin. Nice job!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

^^^^

Absolutely! That is the most amazing weathering I've ever seen!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!