Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > CGI and Graphics

CGI and Graphics CG models, Photoshop, and Composites

Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Virtual Artist

jedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud of
Default Death Star Surface

I put this Death Star Greeble Pack together last year and released it for download. It is designed to be used in creating large-scale Death Star surfaces as image backdrops, or for creating Death Star trench models. The pack consists of 16 tiles which can be laid out and repeated to create a full surface model or trench model. An individual set of tiles is about 37k polygons, while full landscapes go into the 3-4 million polygon range.

Anyone who downloads the greeble pack may use the model in non-commercial projects, provided that I am given credit for my work ("Death Star Greebles by Jedilaw" will suffice).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deathstargreebles2resamcb6.jpg (368.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg deathstargreebles4resamwu8.jpg (166.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DeathStarGreebles11.jpg (735.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg deathstargreeblestrenchck4.jpg (334.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg xwingvties3wh1.jpg (512.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

WOW, so your the culprit
I saw this about a year ago and it utterly inspired me to try my own
sadly I didn't get very far, as the size reached 100MB with only a few tiles, and immense lagging and crashing ensued

But not here to write a backstory, just wanted to say kick ass job and I think it looks fantastic. The lighting and detail et-al rock. WTG jedilaw and thanks for posting these renders
Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 PM

thunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati God

Wow!

Me Like!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

OMG!!!

MY GOODNESS WAYNE!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Death Star Surface

Very cool!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 AM

Simon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these partsSimon_C is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Death Star Surface

that looks mighty fine. By the way, if you put a two bend modifiers on the landscape at right angles to eachother, it gives a perfect curved sphere effect. Probably useful for the larger landscape shots.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they come in handy.

Last edited by Bishop37; 10-04-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

BISHOP!!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

I LOVE this!!! Thank you my friend! I soooo have been wanting some great composites of the Y-wing Matt built for me! This is awesome!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Death Star Surface

Thanks Mr Kuhn.

Love that Red Jammer!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 AM

Titon is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to beholdTiton is a splendid one to behold

Man i thought i was freakin nut's but this pack is pretty amazing.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Virtual Artist

jedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud ofjedilaw has much to be proud of

Hello all,

Does it count as a necro post if it's your OWN three year old thread?

At any rate, I'm getting back into CG (spent the last several years focused on musical stuff). My next project is a set of tutorial vids showing how to make a Death Star tile set, lay out the surface, the trench, et cetera. I'm hoping to take it all the way through animation in Max.

My question to the file folks here is: what would you want to see in such a tutorial set? In other words, if I told you I was going to teach you how to make a Death Star in CG equivalent to what ILM made for the original Star Wars, what would you want to make sure you had learned by the end?

Just curious.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Doctor Quinzel's on duty.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Thread split off HERE.